Diecast Crazy Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,747 Posts
Luckily my parents and my wife's mom got the vaccine. My wife and I registered but I still have a bit before I can get it as I'm in the group 2 rollout. I work in construction but have an office job (been working from home). I hope as many people as possible get the vaccine so we can return to normal. I also have a 1 year old at home so I hope they can get a vaccine for kids soon as well.

I will say that even after I get the vaccine and the pandemic passed, I will probably continue wearing a mask in public (at stores) and continue to social distance at stores as well. The flu numbers have been down dramatically this season (2020-2021) so I think people staying in and using masks and social distancing is making people less sick (go figure).
Yes, that’s a fact. You might be seeing people wear masks during the winter from now on.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Got my second one 3 weeks ago. No issues with either shot other than a sore arm. Kudos to all who want it or not.
Got my second one yesterday, zero after effects, other than a little soreness in my arm.

Will be so great when we get a majority of the population vaccinated and start to return to normalcy.

My wife just registered, as our State has opened up to 50 and over.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I get my second shot next Friday but I plan on wearing my mask for most of the year.................it is no big deal and I am used to it now.
My mom just got her second shot yesterday and so far she just has a sore arm. She will still wear her mask when in crowded places as well.
I'll keep wearing my mask until they drag it from my cold, dead hands.

·
Premium Member
16,938 Posts
I am curious with some of the older folks on the board. Are you more willing to go out now that you have the vaccine or are you still staying inside? The reason I ask is my Mom and Step Dad got their shots and both still refuse to leave the house and say they won’t until maybe the summer. Part of me thinks it’s them continually moving the goal posts because both are good at that. But the other part of me wonders if it is a smart idea. Curious whatever one else thinks?

Reactions: Mike KB-41

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am curious with some of the older folks on the board. Are you more willing to go out now that you have the vaccine or are you still staying inside? The reason I ask is my Mom and Step Dad got their shots and both still refuse to leave the house and say they won’t until maybe the summer. Part of me thinks it’s them continually moving the goal posts because both are good at that. But the other part of me wonders if it is a smart idea. Curious whatever one else thinks?
I am 76 and my wife is 75. For the last year we have gone to our doctor's appointments and dentist appointments. My wife is normally homebound due to a long term illness but I go out 2-3 times a week for groceries, errands etc. We have not been with our family in person since Christmas 2019. I will be getting my second shot this Friday but my wife won't be getting any vaccines. After my son and his wife get their vaccines (both are 48) we plan on getting together but with masks since they have 2 kids and we don't want to take any chances. I will continue to wear a mask for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I’ve got some family that aren’t coming out until summer at the earliest because they want to see if the vaccine works. I don’t blame anyone, folks just have to decide what’s best for them and I respect it no matter what. There’s still a lot of unknowns with this virus and the vaccines. My wife and I are starting to get out some, and have a vacation planned in a few weeks for the first time in over a year. We’re still going to be cautious though about where we go and try to distance ourselves. We’re trying to slowly go back to some normal things. Folks just have to do it at their own pace. While the experts think the vaccines will handle this, a lot of folks are still very cautious because the experts have been wrong plenty all through this thing. And that’s normal, I don’t blame the experts when they’re wrong either, I think most folks have tried to do their best, it’s just a lot of unknowns for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My wife gets her first Pfizer shot tomorrow (I got my second Moderna shot last Friday).

When I retired last April, we had two Scuba diving trips planned, but both got cancelled.

We have been grocery shopping and other errands, but always with masks and an abundance of caution.

Once we are both vaccinated we will begin research on vacations, but our biggest concern is that we not place a dependency on a location that already has an over-burdened health care system.

Our governor already prematurely opened the entire State when we have less than 10% vaccinated, but we will continue our prior practices until it is absolutely clear that the risk is over.

·
Landon Cassill #1 Fan
2,949 Posts
I got my 2nd dose wednesday at 430, was fine till about noon thursday and got extremely tired and some muscle soreness, went home took some tylenol and slept a couple hours and was feeling no effects by 4, i got the maderna

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got my 2nd Phizer shot last Friday.This second shot really knocked me for a loop. All day Saturday I was exhausted............not sick.......very tired feeling. Took long naps during the day and my arm was sore to the touch but not inflamed. Today lot better but still not back to normal..............just feeling kind of out it if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot Thursday. No issues aside from a sore arm, which I get with any shot. Mom got hers that day as well, she felt pretty tired the next day and slept most the day, but was better by Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts

·
CraZy LuDiCrOuS
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
4,763 Posts
I just got the first of two Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine shots today. I go back in 3 weeks to get the second. Almost 3 hours in and so far my arm is only slightly sore from the shot. Covid is no joke...a friend of mine lost her son last year to the virus (he had spina bifida I believe) and a genius in the bowling world, Mo Pinel, passed away March 5th from Covid. It was an honor meeting Mo Pinel in November last year and having him help me with my game. I will always do what I can to help my fellow man, woman and child.

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
Got my first shot 2 weeks ago go on the 19 to get the second Wife wont get it I call her a dummy cus it not a matter of if but when she get's it goes for anybody that don't get it I think it's a must

·
Registered
845 Posts
I just got my first dose today and my wife got her second dose. Now we just need to see when our 1 year old daughter can get vaccinated.

Reactions: stp43 and Bandit33
21 - 40 of 52 Posts