Diecast Crazy Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
KB-972
16,774 Posts
My wife gets her second shot (Pfizer ) next week. I'm now hearing Pfizer may have to have a 3rd booster shot in 6-12 months then annually there after..

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if all them don’t require some kind of booster later, or if the data ends up causing one to be preferred over the others down the road. These shots are just the first drop in the bucket of dealing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
Just got my second dose last Friday. It packs a punch but it's totally worth it.

Reactions: Bandit33

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,729 Posts
Interesting.

Back in Sept/Oct of 2019 the wife and I were really, really sick, with the "flu". The wife much more so than I. To the point now that she is on an occasional steroid to help her breath, when she cannot catch her breathe. The wife has never smoked anything, ever. Mine wasn't as bad, but with the already meds I am on, I am way to high to care how sick I got.

We are quite sure that it was C19, as most of the medical office's clientele, where she works, travels to India/etc part of the world. Plus everyone who worked there was quite sick as well. Especially her boss, and she is a health fanatic (works out everyday eats right kind of fanatic), one wouldn't even guess that she is in her early 70's, she looks late 40's all day long. Anyway, she was on her death bed sick, was even off work for almost 2 weeks, and she does not get sick, not even a sniffle in years past when flu season takes it's toll on the rest of the office. Like my wife, the both had a cough well into the next year when it all came to a head.

Anyway, the wife and I just got our pfizer first shots this past Monday, despite her being in the medical field, because of our local health authority lowering the age by 10 years. We called our local pharmacy a few days before the appointments; the day of, we were in and out in less than 15mins (didn't bother with the wait as we had more shopping in store to do anyway). The pharmacy part of the store was all set up for mass amount of vaccinations.

I had a sore arm from the needle, went away the next day. The wife was stiff and sore for a few days, not unlike a few hours romp in the hay would be like, other than that, it was nothing. Our next shot could be 4 to 6 months away, with a third 6+/- months after that. We also get the flu shot every year, with the wife being in the industry, we don't need to catch other's plagues.

We wear masks and probably still will, until the foolish third of refusing to get a shot for what ever idiotic reason, do, as it is not the fact that they will get sick sooner or later, but with the fact that the clueless third will pass it along to others, who will get sick and possibly die. So yeah..

As I hope to see my nearly 80 year old parents one day, whom I have not seen in almost 5 years, (with all the other health goings on, cancers, myxomas, bacterial infections, nerve damages, etc), we should be able to do it in another 4 to 6 months, if the clueless third don't make it any worse than it already is..

·
Premium Member
7,746 Posts
I just had my second dose last Wednesday, no side affects. Just a sore shoulder for a day.

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
I am curious with some of the older folks on the board. Are you more willing to go out now that you have the vaccine or are you still staying inside? The reason I ask is my Mom and Step Dad got their shots and both still refuse to leave the house and say they won’t until maybe the summer. Part of me thinks it’s them continually moving the goal posts because both are good at that. But the other part of me wonders if it is a smart idea. Curious whatever one else thinks?
Either my wife or myself have taken any shots and never will. I just turned 55 in April. My wife works from her office at home and we both have gone out since day one. We have never not left our home. We believe being out will strengthen your immunity system staying home weakens it. My mom and her husband are in their 70’s and have not received any shots and never will. They both wear masks if they feel they need to. I can tell you they don’t wear them very often if any. We believe in getting out and soaking up Vitamin D from the sun. WE ARE TEXAS STRONG!! GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!
A5FE9C78-9BD1-420E-82C6-B1BA5C6C796C.jpeg
A5FE9C78-9BD1-420E-82C6-B1BA5C6C796C.jpeg

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I’ve heard that the new Brazilian variant of the virus is showing some resistance to the vaccine. Hopefully they’ll have a booster to cover it or we’ll be looking at more lockdowns by winter I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#DawgPound #Believeland
2,578 Posts
I just got my second dose of the Pfizer today. (drove 108 miles round trip to go get it)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Got my Medicare statement today.
For the 1st shot Medicare was charged $60.............Medicare approved $14.93............I paid $ 0.
The second shot Medicare was charged $110............Medicare approved $38.54.............I paid $ 0.

Got my Medicare statement today.
For the 1st shot Medicare was charged $60.............Medicare approved $14.93............I paid $ 0.
The second shot Medicare was charged $110............Medicare approved $38.54.............I paid $ 0.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts