Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this back from the frame shop today. It looks awesome hanging in my office.

5 authentic Super Bowl ticket stubs, 1 from each Championship game they won.
5 corresponding pins, with the dueling helmets, game logo and Championship declaration.
5 corresponding coins, also with dueling helmets, hosting city and game score.
1 authentic star from a Cowboys Jersey

I almost did not want to leave work today.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funny, if you look in the reflection you can see me! If you look real close you can see on the opposite wall my Jeff Gordon Brickyard win car collage, with raced version die cast and actual piece of one of the bricks included.
Another pic just so you can get and idea of how big this set is.

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
cool. for a gordo fan at least you have one good thing going for you, your a cowboy fan. :rofl:

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks it was fun to put together.
It took a lot of time to get those tickets. The last 3 are pretty easy to find, but the first two will cost a fortune, if you can even find them in any decent shape.

The pins and coins were fun also. The coins came with a zippo lighter that has all the corressponding superbowls on it. Nice item, but I do not smoke and it would look silly in this display so now I just have a cool zippo layin around.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That is a ver sweet item. I was thinking of doing the same thing for my favorite team, but now I will have to come up w/a new idea. Very very cool. You should work for "Mounted Memories"!
Can you email me pic so I can take a better look at it? Thanks!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
It's a shame that sixth slot won't get filled anytime soon!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mearsfan25 said:
Yeah man that is very awesome. Mind me asking how much it was?
Only if you promise not to laugh.

I got a deal on the tickets because I bought them as a group. $650 for the set, and that took two months of dealing to get him down that low. I had to come off the quality of that first one a little, hence the torn edge, but it kind of adds to the character a little I think.
The coins, with the lighter, (not pictured) was another $85, and the pins were $50. The star in the middle is an authentic patch from a cowboys uniform, but I got the guy down to $10 for it.
The framing was just over $250, matting and mounting included. The silver plates, big one at the top and small one in the open slot was another $30.

Total after all is said in done is a little over $1000 if bought like that. Of course now that they have been gathered from the four corners of the earth and put together with such style and pinache it is easily worth $1500 hanging on the wall.

I would not have paid that much, but the price on superbowl tickets goes up almost 10% a year, more for the older ones (and that is real price, not the crazy book price) so I had to do it now before that first ticket was out of my reach. Unlike the diecasts I collect this will actually be worth something the longer I hang on to it, so I do not feel bad.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well man for your favorite team that's not bad at all. I'm glad you support your Cowboys, and are passionate man. That's a really cool thing you got there.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Received the pic. It is stunning! I saw your post on the cost, and that is not out of line. You are right about the tickets. They go up as time goes by and the "pitina" on the ticket is cool I think. Shows it was an actual used ticket, and not one from nos (new old stock). The ticket was actually at the game! Very sweet and worth every penny.
It is one of one and will only go up in value. That's refreshing, a collectible that is realy collectible and worth something! Great job Pal!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is how I feel too. Plus, the Dallas Cowboys will always be here, personelle may change, but the team as a unit wont go anywhere, so it will always have significance.
10 years from now no one will care about Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart or any of those guys, it will be the new guys running the show, and much like the guys who quit racing 10 years ago, their stuff will be useless.

Sunday, 10, 20 and 30 years from now you will turn on your tv and there will be the Cowboys, maybe more super bowl, maybe not, but I will not have to explain to my boy who they were and why I have so much of their crap laying around! :rofl:

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
BLACKER said:
That is how I feel too. Plus, the Dallas Cowboys will always be here, personelle may change, but the team as a unit wont go anywhere, so it will always have significance.
10 years from now no one will care about Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart or any of those guys, it will be the new guys running the show, and much like the guys who quit racing 10 years ago, their stuff will be useless.

Sunday, 10, 20 and 30 years from now you will turn on your tv and there will be the Cowboys, maybe more super bowl, maybe not, but I will not have to explain to my boy who they were and why I have so much of their crap laying around! :rofl:
That's why I love football.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts