1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,746 Posts
that i am aware of, skinner drove that truck.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i have that exact one and it is Skinner. i think they just associated the 3 and Goodwrench with Sr.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Is that Channelock truck the one Sammy Swindell drove? Also who drove the Dupont truck? I know it wasn't Gordon, but can't remember who did drive it.
I didn't pay too much attention to the trucks then cause I thought they wouldn't last. Stupid me huh? LOL!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
It doesn't suprise me that the description is wrong. The seller is I SOLD IT which is a company that sells items on ebay for people for a fee. I've emailed them in the past about incorrect information on diecast auctions, but they never do anything about it.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Is that Channelock truck the one Sammy Swindell drove? Also who drove the Dupont truck? I know it wasn't Gordon, but can't remember who did drive it.
I didn't pay too much attention to the trucks then cause I thought they wouldn't last. Stupid me huh? LOL!
it was lagasse. i remember seeing that and on the card the truck came with. i even asked my dealer about that

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Ok here's my take....The 3 is Skinner.... Dale did drive a Goodwrench truck once it was never made. As far as I know it was a promo deal and nothing more. I believe it was a commerical in 95 or something featuring him and Skinner....As for the 24 truck yes there is really a Jeff Gordon truck out there. I have one. He was supposed to replace Lagasse in one race for a Dupont deal, however he got hurt and was forced to back out. He never actually ran the truck. As for the pictures...the Dupont truck is Gordon's and the Goodwrench is clearly says Mike Skinner.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured TA would know the deal on the trucks.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Still, no one has said if the Channellock truck is Sammy Swindell?

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Terry Labonte also drove a DuPont truck...Ran #5...

I'm not hosting these myself so they are likely to dissapear anytime.

Here's a super tiny shot of the Swindell truck

Lagassie's

Skinner

Skinner was the first ever Truck Series Champion.

BTW, I don't think Jeff ever intended to run in the truck series. He actually OWNED the #24 truck at that time, either 50/50 with Rick Hendrick (Much like the #48 car now) or by himself...but I'm pretty sure it was by himself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts