Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, Just heard that it sold for 3k at the rcca event today!

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's all relative I guess, that's a lot of money in my world.

Bob Dilner offered to get it autographed by Dale Jr also.

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
and it will whine up on ebay for triple that!
At that price, I can almost assure you that is a hardcore Dale Jr. collector that will hold onto the piece. I just hope the buyer's spouse knew about the purchase LOL

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Wow at $3,000 the car would have to be never released, proto, autographed and even then idk if I could part with 3k

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Dang. That is just crazy!

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Wow....its not even like there is one and one only prototype. I can't imagine dropping $3,000 on a diecast. Not that I have $3,000 if I wanted to.

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
And my fiance gave me crap about buying a Samsung Tablet for $75 today... lol!

Reactions: DaleJr88

·
It's All About Racing!
2,651 Posts
This is just proof that there is a whole other side to collecting that is sometimes hard to comprehend for the basic everyday collector. I have met some rather eccentric and unique individuals over the last few years that have things in their motorsports collections that would simply just amaze you (like they did me). From items such as prototype Dale Sr. diecast that were never released (that were to be raced later in the 2001 season) to a specific collection consisting of over a 1000 race used driver suits. Heck, I even know one guy who lives here in SoCal that built his own "Hot Rod" and "NHRA" museum to house his collection, which consist of dragsters, Funny Cars, Driver suits, and other memorabilia.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
This is just proof that there is a whole other side to collecting that is sometimes hard to comprehend for the basic everyday collector. I have met some rather eccentric and unique individuals over the last few years that have things in their motorsports collections that would simply just amaze you. From items such as prototype Dale Sr. diecast that were never released (that were to be raced later in the 2001 season) to a specific collection consisting of over a 1000 race used driver suits. Heck, I even know one guy who lives here in SoCal that built his own "Hot Rod" and "NHRA" museum on his property to house his collection, which consist of dragsters, Funny Cars, Driver suits, and other memorabilia.
Obviously people very well off money wise. I would absolutely love to have my own small museum with diecast, sheet metal, gloves, firesuits. Etc... If I had the money. I see some absolutely awesome stuff on eBay I'd love if I had the money. Heck I just posted an auction which is the trophy from Stephen Leichts one and only win. I would love to own stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
This is just proof that there is a whole other side to collecting that is sometimes hard to comprehend for the basic everyday collector. I have met some rather eccentric and unique individuals over the last few years that have things in their motorsports collections that would simply just amaze you (like they did me). From items such as prototype Dale Sr. diecast that were never released (that were to be raced later in the 2001 season) to a specific collection consisting of over a 1000 race used driver suits. Heck, I even know one guy who lives here in SoCal that built his own "Hot Rod" and "NHRA" museum to house his collection, which consist of dragsters, Funny Cars, Driver suits, and other memorabilia.
Just out of curiousity what was the 2001 Dale Sr proto that was to be raced in 2001?

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
It is all relative.To a diehard collector it is only money and if the money was going to a charity it is a write off.At least this proto will be around how many people spend large amounts on fancy dinners and desserts and have nothing to show except a large bill.To each there own more power to everyone do what you enjoy there is no guarantee for tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts