Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Press Pass Eclipse Racing is due out at the end of this month. Eclipse is the product that traditionally features Event-Used Car Cover cards as well as double and triple "Teammates" autographs. Press Pass has confirmed that this year's product would feature a Dale Jr/Gordon/JJ triple Teammates Autograph /25. My question is, how much do you think the first one of these beauties to hit the market will bring? $500? $800? $1,000? (Nelson where you at buddy?) This will be a red hot product for sure!

·
Card Pimp
227 Posts
I am here...
ok even though it is possibly the greatest non cut auto since the 2000 maxx dual auto of Jr sr...you have to look at who will bid ...if there are 25 of them ...the first four or five will bring between $600 and $700...after $500 you only have a handful of people that will be bidding...of those bidders most of them are becoming more patient and rather than swing at the first one on with big money...they will bid more conservative and keep them within reason...if there are 10 or less they will bring about $200 more ...
one other thing to consider is how many people like / dislike the other driver on the card....alot of Gordon fans don't like Johnson....and I think it is an unspoken law that Jr/ gordon fans are like cats and dogs...so that could pull them down....
however in the end ....with Jr moving to the 88 this year it has really rekindled the fire that his die hard collectors have....
ok here are 3 of your first five buyers
pwc75 top Earnhardt jr collector
magoo6 top Gordon collector
ajlee72 building the teammates set
and probably me for one of the other guys I sell to....
I really hope for the Nascard market that they all break $1000 ...but just don't see it happening...the jr sig series that just ended was a dual run...a legitimate bidder figured out he was getting walked up and took it to a stupid level and then stuck the shill bidder with the card...

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
outsk8u said:
I am here...
ok even though it is possibly the greatest non cut auto since the 2000 maxx dual auto of Jr sr...you have to look at who will bid ...if there are 25 of them ...the first four or five will bring between $600 and $700...after $500 you only have a handful of people that will be bidding...of those bidders most of them are becoming more patient and rather than swing at the first one on with big money...they will bid more conservative and keep them within reason...if there are 10 or less they will bring about $200 more ...
one other thing to consider is how many people like / dislike the other driver on the card....alot of Gordon fans don't like Johnson....and I think it is an unspoken law that Jr/ gordon fans are like cats and dogs...so that could pull them down....
however in the end ....with Jr moving to the 88 this year it has really rekindled the fire that his die hard collectors have....
ok here are 3 of your first five buyers
pwc75 top Earnhardt jr collector
magoo6 top Gordon collector
ajlee72 building the teammates set
and probably me for one of the other guys I sell to....
I really hope for the Nascard market that they all break $1000 ...but just don't see it happening...the jr sig series that just ended was a dual run...a legitimate bidder figured out he was getting walked up and took it to a stupid level and then stuck the shill bidder with the card...
Interesting insight. I knew you would have the inside track. I'm betting the first one goes nuts then they will tail off just as you said. The effect that you mentioned with Jr-vs-Gordon fans is something I thought about. Most of my co-workers were die hard Dale Sr. fans. After he passed, they moved on to Dale Jr. Now that Jr. has crossed over to the enemy, they are supporting Truex and staying with Dale Sr.'s company DEI. I sure hope one of these gets pulled at my shop. That would be sweet!

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
outsk8u said:
the jr sig series that just ended was a dual run...a legitimate bidder figured out he was getting walked up and took it to a stupid level and then stuck the shill bidder with the card...
Good! I love it when the dishonest folks in our great hobby get what they deserve.

·
Card Pimp
227 Posts
ok folks...the first one is on the bay it only has Jr and Gordon..$999 buy it now...the same seller has the UNKNOWN card from Eclipse...a QUAD auto of Hendrick Drivers...mears Johnson Gordon and Jr...for $1999 buy it now
I e-mailed the seller and asked if they came out of the same case.....
their reply..
they were pulled out of the same pack....
also just heard from a guy in Michigan that pulled the same trick...got the dual and quad Hendrick auto out of the same pack..
so if you pull one PRESS PASS is GIVING you the other one for FREE...
What a company!!!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
outsk8u said:
so if you pull one PRESS PASS is GIVING you the other one for FREE...
What a company!!!
Meanwhile they ask the rest of their customers to bend over just a little bit further... (complete the George Carlin reference yourself).

·
Card Pimp
227 Posts
nope....2 people have pulled the same pair out of the the same pack...I have dealt with both and neither know the other...so it is legit...but the good news is a pack feeler out of Murfressboro TN just pulled the 1/25 Jr gordon and he didn't get the quad...

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
outsk8u said:
but the good news is a pack feeler out of Murfressboro TN just pulled the 1/25 Jr gordon and he didn't get the quad...
Well at least the theif didn't totally hit the jackpot. I'm sure the Jr/Gordon 1/25 will still net him a nice profit. Makes me sick......

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has it even been confirmed that Press Pass packed out any triple AUTOS of Jr/Gordon/Johnson or are they all dual autographs with various combinations of the three?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
DodgerBlue said:
outsk8u said:
but the good news is a pack feeler out of Murfressboro TN just pulled the 1/25 Jr gordon and he didn't get the quad...
Well at least the theif didn't totally hit the jackpot. I'm sure the Jr/Gordon 1/25 will still net him a nice profit. Makes me sick......
my question is how do you feel an autograph? i could understand feeling a shoe, glove, tire, car cover or sheetmetal.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
You know those stickers on Dale Jr. and Gordon autograph to ensure that they're authentic? That's what they feel for. One guy who posts his pack-feel pulls on ebay said so (after he pulled a Dale Jr. auto).

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I know that in Topps Chrome football you can feel the autos since they are sticker autos, but I think for Nascar where the auto is actually on the card, there is a way you can fan the cards out in the pack and tell if its an auto or move the cards around and tell.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
taterracing said:
Meanwhile they ask the rest of their customers to bend over just a little bit further... (complete the George Carlin reference yourself).
just a little bit further, a little bit harder. LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
there is one on ebay now...gordon/johnson/jr/mears 1999.99

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
selby92 said:
for Nascar where the auto is actually on the card, there is a way you can fan the cards out in the pack and tell if its an auto or move the cards around and tell.
Using your x-ray vision and super spidey sense to see through the foil wrapper......

It never ceases to amaze me as to the lengths that people will go through to lie, cheat, and steal. Sadly when money fuels personal greed, ethics often takes a back seat. I have a list of known pack searchers that I keep and when I find out someone is a pack searcher I no longer deal with that person. I don't want to benefit from someone else's dishonest theivery.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts