Dale Sr Cardinal TRactor GUN METAL 1 of 96
Dale Sr Cardinal TRactor Brushed Metal 1 of 196

Kyle Busch 9/11 Tribute Flag Car Brushed Metal 1 of 118
Kyle BUsch 9/11 Gun Metal 1 of 52

Scott

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Wow, that's puts the Dale Cardinal tractor up to what, 6 finishes total?
Platinum, white gold, copper, brushed metal, gunmetal, and standard. Have I missed any?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Maybe it was gold instead of copper...

·
Premium Member
5,965 Posts
wow pretty nice price it s a shame that I bought a house because I would propably take one of the gun metal.

·
Sunday Money
2,073 Posts
Maybe it was gold instead of copper...

With 96 produced, plenty of Copper, Gold, White Gold, Platinum, and standard still available at RCCA.

Copper is the best seller to date of the above special finishes (price point makes a difference).

Units sold to date:

41 @ $130 Copper
29 @ $180 Gold
39 @ $180 White Gold
36 @ $240 Platinum

Since these special finish die-cast were offered in 2011, members should be able to take advantage of RCCA's promotion of $50 discount per die-cast if members order them at the same time through the call center before 3/31/12. Some members are indicating the call center is only giving the discount on one die-cast; however, Thomas is indicating each die-cast on one order. With all the 2011 special finish die-cast still in stock at high price points, RCCA should graciously accept any sales of stagnant inventory at this point.

The Gun Metal (96 produced)/Brushed Metal (196 produced) at $80 each is a great deal compared to the other special finishes of this die-cast.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We now have them in hand.

Anyone interested shoot us a PM, will be doing a toy show Sat and Sunday so will be back to check my messages Sat night.

Scott

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
With 96 produced, plenty of Copper, Gold, White Gold, Platinum, and standard still available at RCCA.

Copper is the best seller to date of the above special finishes (price point makes a difference).

Units sold to date:

41 @ $130 Copper
29 @ $180 Gold
39 @ $180 White Gold
36 @ $240 Platinum

Since these special finish die-cast were offered in 2011, members should be able to take advantage of RCCA's promotion of $50 discount per die-cast if members order them at the same time through the call center before 3/31/12. Some members are indicating the call center is only giving the discount on one die-cast; however, Thomas is indicating each die-cast on one order. With all the 2011 special finish die-cast still in stock at high price points, RCCA should graciously accept any sales of stagnant inventory at this point.

The Gun Metal (96 produced)/Brushed Metal (196 produced) at $80 each is a great deal compared to the other special finishes of this die-cast.
Actually, I don't know if you'll be able to take advantage of the promotion or not, since these are special finish ARC's and the e-mail specifies special finish elites. It's worth a shot though.

·
Sunday Money
2,073 Posts
Actually, I don't know if you'll be able to take advantage of the promotion or not, since these are special finish ARC's and the e-mail specifies special finish elites. It's worth a shot though.

Good point Karl. Patience will be rewarded on these die-cast. RCCA will have to offer some discount at some point to attempt to sell at a more reasonable price point.

Lionel/RCCA appears to have over produced and over priced demand again on these die-cast. It will be interesting to see production quantity and price on the next Earnhardt Sr. Classic die-cast they produce.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I admit I jumped upon initial release and ordered mine, and I have no regrets. I would do it again, regardless of production numbers because I am an Earnhardt collector. Period. Of course, in this particular instance, I was rewarded with two good serial numbers-- #2 of the white gold and the door number of the platinum. Of course, as another member would say ([MENTION=175]NEW2[/MENTION]), they all look the same sitting on the shelf, but the door number makes me happy.

I knew they were going to over produce this car, and I also knew they were going to produce too many finishes. I guess in the end I really don't care though, because I got the cars I wanted for my collection. It's just a shame that over 50% of the stock is still sitting in their warehouse. It just goes to prove that Lionel is making the same mistakes (or even more) that their predecessors did. ([MENTION=103]moparbob[/MENTION])

1 - 11 of 11 Posts