Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR.com has the Dale the Movie 1/24 cars on sale for $40 each. They have 10 of the 12, and if you buy 3 or more, it's an additional 20% off your order, plus another $10 if you spend $75 or more. Bottom line is you can get all 10 for about $320 bucks. I have a few questions about these cars for anyone who already has them:

Are the cars permanently mounted to the bases?

What's the difference between these and standard ARC cars?

Do you think they're worth buying at this price?

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
they arent permanently mounted to the base.... these are all raced versions of the car, which have never been released before... other than that I think they are standard ARC models. BUY THEM! the ywere around 80-90 bucks to begin with.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I ordered 10 of them for $32 each-- now I only need 2 more to complete the collection-- the Windshield Wiper car and the Pass in the Grass. If anyone gets a line on those for a decent price, let me know. I noticed that RCCA still has these for full price. I'm still looking for them on the cheap!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
tazmania2329 said:
you can take them off the base.
not sure.
at that price yes i paid full price thru qvc when i got mine..
Is that a typo? Taz....YOU PAID FULL PRICE for something?!?!?!
A sure sign of the apocolypse!!!! LOL!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tazmania2329 said:
you can take them off the base.
not sure.
at that price yes i paid full price thru qvc when i got mine..
Must be a typo...

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 10 cars I ordered arrived today!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
if you like Brookfield cars you'll like these. I have the '86 Wrangler "windshield Wiper ",. Only bought it because I didn't have it. They can be removed from the base,. BUT the quality of the car is very cheap,. What I didn't like it the chasiss is Plastic. You'd never think that because of what they ask for them,. The trunks do not open just the hoods if I remember correctly. Sure glad I only paid $55. shipped for mine,. But I wouldn't pay a dime more after receiving it.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Brookfield cars, at least the hood opening versions are funny cars. The details are somewhat higher, but you are right, they are lighter due to the plastic chassis, and the trunk does not open. They are nice though for the money as opposed to the Winners Circle cars that have a grey interior and non-opening hood and trunk. That dual Harvick set, Shell/Penzoil and Auto Zone are a nice set if ya don't mind Brookfield cars. The QVC Sr./Jr. Oreo shadow box had two Brookfield cars in it. They were nicely detailed, but not an Action Platinum Series car like the Sr. shadow box.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the QVC Sr./Jr. Oreo shadow box, and it is nice, but I was disappointed that the cars were Brookfields and not Action cars. I not longer buy the dual sets after I got my 3 Days of Dale set because I am not a Brookfield fan, but I couldn't pass up the Dale the Movie cars for $31 apiece. I will say that I was not happy with the packing job that NASCAR.com did, because I received 6 cars in one box with absolutely NO other packing material. (4 of the 6 were wrapped in plastic; 2 were not.) The cars are okay, but the some of boxes aren't in the best of shape. I really don't expect these cars to have any resale value, and that''s not why I bought them, but I do like my boxes in the best condition possible. As far as these being Brookfield type cars, you would never guess that by the shipping weight, but I guess that is because of the base that comes with the car. I didn't check to see if the trunks open on the cars yet, because I just put them away when I received them yesterday as I am still in the (very long and drawn out process) of completing my inventory and organizing my collection.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just checked mine again-- I haven't removed them from the base, but the trunks DO open. I would appreciate anyone who else who has removed theirs from the base confirming the plastic chassis info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts