Diecast Crazy Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
Joined
·
20,242 Posts
Is this the only way it was offered as a set, or did they offer a set of Drivers Selects from the Club?
I was just curious as I have a set of the Taladega Nights cars and they are Drivers Selects since it came from RCCA and the cars are hood open. Pretty nice set, so if the TDoD cars are available that way, I would like to find a set.
BTW, that is a sweet set. It's nice when you can get them all in one shot and they come in a nice box like that. Very cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
Boy are they going to run those in the ground or what this year!! They now have produced the twelve car single boxed set, The Wc hood set, and this 12 car boxed set. Not saying the boxed set doesn't look cool but they are saturating the market again and in the long run that is going to cost someone another driver on the low end to get canceled. Bet it's going to be a Wimmer or Blaney car!! Just because They have 100,000 Dale the movie cars floating around and they won't make a drivers paint scheme because they are over saturated!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think these cars were available in Driver's Select at all. I didn't but them in the pit stop/winner's circle boxes, only this set and the hood versions. I agree they were way over-produced, but Theresa has to make money somehow now that Jr. is leaving DEI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,677 Posts
kspool said:
I don't think these cars were available in Driver's Select at all. I didn't but them in the pit stop/winner's circle boxes, only this set and the hood versions. I agree they were way over-produced, but Theresa has to make money somehow now that Jr. is leaving DEI.
I didn't put them in the Pitstop, winners circle Hoods, driver select series either. Anyway you look at it they were all still available in three different formats but MA will be the first to say oversaturation when they argue why they aren't producing drivers on the lower end of the market scale. Let's see, Every driver in the RCR stable got produced. Harvick and Burton in Select and pit stop and winners circle. Bowyer who drives for a major liquor couldn't be produced except thru the upper end market due to their sponsor. They reproduce Dale Sr.s car three times but don't do a Wimmer. Now let's go to DEI, of course they are going to mass produce Dale Jr. Dei logo, Budwieser logo, regular paint scheme, alternative paint schemes, etc. etc. Menard only got one car produced by WC and one by pit stop, Truex didn't get not one WC car, I don't know of a pit stop but may be wrong there, and the select cars they made for Bass pro shops. Very limited at best. Again they have the problem of saturating the market with Dale Sr. cars that have been produced three four five times over but cancel the drivers that aren't in the front of the field week end and week out. We gripe about the many trinkets in WC but go out and jump on anything Dale Sr. Then we wonder why there are cancelled cars from MA all the time. Again one of those MA mysteries that keep us wondering why we don't see the cars that others may want to collect.
 

·
Vengence is Mine
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Isn't that the same group of cars produced every year (in different packaging of course) since he died?

That would piss me off. I know I hate having 10 Dupont cars from this year laying around, I can only imagine how aggravated I would be with 10 SETS of cars ... if I had to buy the same 10 cars year after year I think it would get old quick.
Maybe next year they will color chrome them! :rofl:
 

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
Joined
·
5,325 Posts
BLACKER said:
Isn't that the same group of cars produced every year (in different packaging of course) since he died?

That would piss me off. I know I hate having 10 Dupont cars from this year laying around, I can only imagine how aggravated I would be with 10 SETS of cars ... if I had to buy the same 10 cars year after year I think it would get old quick.
Maybe next year they will color chrome them! :rofl:
They keep making them since all the Earnhardt fans keep buying them, why have them stop making the same cars if they still sell?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
selby92 said:
BLACKER said:
Isn't that the same group of cars produced every year (in different packaging of course) since he died?

That would piss me off. I know I hate having 10 Dupont cars from this year laying around, I can only imagine how aggravated I would be with 10 SETS of cars ... if I had to buy the same 10 cars year after year I think it would get old quick.
Maybe next year they will color chrome them! :rofl:
They keep making them since all the Earnhardt fans keep buying them, why have them stop making the same cars if they still sell?
well this is one earnhardt fan that will not buy them.
 

·
Legendary Member
Joined
·
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ron3fan said:
well this is one earnhardt fan that will not buy them.
Did you buy any of the Dale "the Movie" cars?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,752 Posts
kspool said:
Ron3fan said:
well this is one earnhardt fan that will not buy them.
Did you buy any of the Dale "the Movie" cars?
nope, not one!
 

·
Vengence is Mine
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Ron3fan said:
selby92 said:
BLACKER said:
Isn't that the same group of cars produced every year (in different packaging of course) since he died?

That would piss me off. I know I hate having 10 Dupont cars from this year laying around, I can only imagine how aggravated I would be with 10 SETS of cars ... if I had to buy the same 10 cars year after year I think it would get old quick.
Maybe next year they will color chrome them! :rofl:
They keep making them since all the Earnhardt fans keep buying them, why have them stop making the same cars if they still sell?
well this is one earnhardt fan that will not buy them.
SALUTE!! :congrats:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,164 Posts
selby92 said:
BLACKER said:
Isn't that the same group of cars produced every year (in different packaging of course) since he died?

That would piss me off. I know I hate having 10 Dupont cars from this year laying around, I can only imagine how aggravated I would be with 10 SETS of cars ... if I had to buy the same 10 cars year after year I think it would get old quick.
Maybe next year they will color chrome them! :rofl:
They keep making them since all the Earnhardt fans keep buying them, why have them stop making the same cars if they still sell?
Logic? On this board? No way.

If you look at the cars produced, pretty much none have been re-released in 1/24 or 1/64 since 2001 in the raced version finish like they are here.... so people are just making excuses. Dale Earnhardt sells. Dave Blaney doesnt. Plain and simple.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top