Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Danica Patrick out at Stewart-Haas Racing | NASCAR.com

Danica Patrick announced Tuesday afternoon that she will not return to Stewart-Haas Racing in 2018.
Her full statement, which was posted on her Facebook page:
“It has been my honor to drive for Tony Stewart, Gene Haas and everyone at Stewart-Haas Racing for the past six seasons. Together we earned a Daytona 500 pole, seven top-10 finishes and we also had some exciting racing along the way. My time driving for them, however, has come to an end due to a new sponsorship arrangement in 2018. Sponsorship plays a vital role in our sport, and I have been very fortunate over the course of my career, but this year threw us for a curve. Our amazing partners, such as Aspen Dental and Code 3, stepped up in a big way on short notice this year and I am incredibly grateful.

“I wish SHR the best of luck with their new sponsorship and driver. Thanks for the memories. Right now, my focus is on the remainder of the 2017 season and finishing the year strong. I have the utmost faith in myself and those around me, and feel confident about my future.”

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
But she was still learning...

·
Super Moderator
8,780 Posts
and now matt kenseth steps in.

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
Well Derrike Cope and Premium Motorsports parted ways the other day. Maybe it's Cope going to SHR. :)

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,730 Posts
..wow, I am completely stunned to hear this totally unexpected news..:rolleyes: :lol: :eek:mg haha:

"past six seasons. Together we earned a Daytona 500 pole, seven top-10 finishes and we also had some exciting racing along the way"

..good lord, how in the hell did such a mediocre driver stay so long in this series, any, any other driver would have been tossed out the door a long time ago..

..I am sure she can be proud of her great accomplishments in all her years of driving in series 1..:haha:

..I firmly believe that she has made it impossible for another female driver to be able to come thru to the main game, they will have to be able to walk on water before they will be able to get a ride, which is unfortunate for any future female driver..

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'll miss her presence and personality as part of Stewart-Haas, but the idea of that 10 car becoming a contender and SHR being a true four-car outfit is exciting. I wish it had worked out with Danica, it just didn't. I wish her will and will remain a fan with whatever she does.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The sad thing is that she has actually put together a somewhat decent set of runs recently. Not great by any means, and probably much less than someone should in that equipment, but she has actually run better the second half of 2017.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have a feeling it will be Aric Almirola. Just being the fact Smithfield announcing they are going to Stewart Haas earlier and now Danica is out of Stewart Haas and Aric Almirola isn't returning to Richard Petty Motorsports.
That is actually what I'm hearing as well. Although I don't fully understand it. They are letting go a mediocre driver at best to sign on yet another mediocre driver. From what I can see, the only difference is the presence of sponsorship that would move with Aric. Its very odd.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
That is actually what I'm hearing as well. Although I don't fully understand it. They are letting go a mediocre driver at best to sign on yet another mediocre driver. From what I can see, the only difference is the presence of sponsorship that would move with Aric. Its very odd.
If rumors are true that Smithfiled balked at the idea of Bubba as the #43 driver then it makes sense. Smithfiled wants Aric and despite their rant about performance being the reason they left, going a different team and keeping the same driver signals that you want AA as your driver. One can only hope that Bubba gets a sponsor and gives a giant middle finger to Smithfield by out performing AA in the same equipment that he (AA) couldn't do squat in.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If rumors are true that Smithfiled balked at the idea of Bubba as the #43 driver then it makes sense. Smithfiled wants Aric and despite their rant about performance being the reason they left, going a different team and keeping the same driver signals that you want AA as your driver. One can only hope that Bubba gets a sponsor and gives a giant middle finger to Smithfield by out performing AA in the same equipment that he (AA) couldn't do squat in.
EXACTLY!! Well said!

Reactions: stp43
1 - 18 of 18 Posts