Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I went to the Daytona 500. It was an up an down trip but was sure one to remember. First if you all dont know, my Grandfather had dementia and we have to take care of him nearly 24/7. On Friday we went to the Magic Kingdom in Disney and we lost him, He ran off I guess and It took me 2 hours to find him, It was an awful experience. That was the one down along with Sundays rain. I went to the Nationwide Race, and It was incredible, That last lap wreck was so unreal and seeing Jame Buscher win and Elliott coming in 3rd, also he is the points leader. Then came Sunday, It was a miserable day, I felt like crying after the rain started to pour because we might not see it. I did get Fan Zone passes, I signed my name on the Start and Finish line. I got David Gilliland and Ricky Stenhouse's Autograph before driver intros, they were both cool. I also got Jamie McMurrays auto at a Banana Boat apperance in Turn 4, and Michael Waltrips at the Toyota stand. I also appreciate anyone who followed me on Twitter because i left my handle on many of the windows in the fan zone. I left after they called It around 5 PM, We were going to leave for Tona around 11 AM because we knew that the track woundt be dry by 12, I was glad that the race would be at 7 so I can sleep in before my flight at 12. I watched the race and the packs were incredible, It was a shame that Elliott and Jeff had engine issues. It was also cool that the Lap 2 wreck was on front of me, and I got it on camera. Glad that Jimmie walked away. I left at the lap 160 red flag because I thought that the track melted. And I wanted o beat traffic, We made it back to the hotel and saw the last 40 laps. It was a cool experience to see the Pack again. Also I was dissapointed about the trailers, No Petty, Phoenix, Furniture Row, team haulers. The 1/64 were $8 and I said forget it, I didnt buy any 1/64 because they are too expensive. So I am sticking to dealers now. Thanks for reading this BTW.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
wow thats an experience you'll never forget

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
My grandmother had alzheimers and dementia. I dunno how you handled your grandfather at Disney with that. It was a struggle just taking her to the local mall. Glad the trip worked out!

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know why Petty wasn't there, probably not enough stuff to sell. Phoenix and Furniture Row probably will not get a trailer for a while, too small of a team
They had Ambrose stuff at a trailer inside the track called Official Merchandise, They didnt display it because Ambrose isnt a big name as Earnhardt, Stewart, Harvick, Johnosn ect. This guy was upset that there as no stuff but they guy came in the back with a Ambrose hat, he was stoked. I also got a Clint Bowyer shirt from there in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts