Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the kind of cool thing I find every once in a while that keeps me doing this.
WC and keep putting out the same old tired crap and I will keep buying it for whatever reason ... but when I run across an acutal piece of the Daytona track with the 1997 Winner and eventual Champion mounted and everything, it gives me a little thrill.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
It is a unique piece though, and better than some of the ones I see on EBay where some guy makes a cheap display outta wood and puts a car on it and sells it for an ungodly price.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much were they on QVC?
I got this one for $40. Pretty good price I think. Now I have a piece of the Brickyard and Daytona ...

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Glad to see they are FINALLY doing it in the right scale. I recall they did it with 1/24 only as far back as 99, I believe...maybe later. I didn't pay too much attention to it because it was not 1/64.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
nice car, i have seen the Tony Brickyard and just havent got one yet. about how big is the piece of track?

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah. I have the Gordon Brickyard piece too, I like it better, they way they have it mounted with the picture and car and everything all separate.
This piece of track is bigger than that piece, probably a good 4 or 5 inches long and 1 or 2 wide, you can gauge in the pic by looking at the car and how much longer it is underneath it.

I like it just because it is an actual piece of history. Same reason I like the super bowl ticket stubs I have, it is just kinda cool knowing it was there that day and now i have it in my grubby little paws!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
That's cool! I like because it actually has a piece of track big enough for the car to actuall sit on1 Not just some little square of track sitting on a piece of acylic. Nice piece!! And I most say worth the $40 bucks!!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you and me both. :-D

I guess I like it most cuz this is not something everyone has. The biggest turn off (for me) of the WC stuff, besides them turning out the same product over and over with a new cheap trinket, is that anyone on any given day can walk down any walmart or target toy aisle and get the same thing for $5.
I look at them in my collection and kind of just go, so what? :zzz:
ya know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts