Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
So it just came to me, How cool would it be for Daytona USA to not only have the 2012 Daytona 500 Winner Matt Kenseth's Car but how awesome would it be if they added the Truck/Jet Dryer and maybe Juan Pablo Montoya's Car? Maybe keep it for a year or so I think it would be a great addition to the site since it would bring a lot of people back to take an up close look at it. I think it would be a Great attraction!

Edit: After posting this I found that that in 2007 Daytona USA was renamed to Daytona 500 Experience, just goes to show how long it's been since I was down there. Even though I was there for the race in 2009.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I agree.... both the car and dryer are more then likely getting scrapped so why not.. i am sure they could make room... somthing different....

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sent an Email they sent back they will not be displaying the truck in anyway....BOOOOOO

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
That truck and likely JPM's car are going to R&D to see what they can do to improve safety in those vehicles-- right where they need to be.

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
I was thinking of the Hall of Fame, be nice to see that in there on a day that changed the 500

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That truck and likely JPM's car are going to R&D to see what they can do to improve safety in those vehicles-- right where they need to be.
True I mean I'm sure EGR wants to see what cause the car to lock up and veer right and see if it's the same as what happen to McMurray but afterwards it would be nice to see on display.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
True I mean I'm sure EGR wants to see what cause the car to lock up and veer right and see if it's the same as what happen to McMurray but afterwards it would be nice to see on display.

true, but who wants to see a burnt truck? heck you can drive down interstate 10 and find about 2 burnt trucks sitting in the ditch...

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts

Marty Smith retweeted a tweet from Jeff Gordon sometime this morning, saying he heard it was a broken rear trailing arm, and was looking for confirmation.

Also some of the reporters were saying on twitter that they should put them (JPM's car and the jet dryer) on display in the Hall of Fame.

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
Marty Smith retweeted a tweet from Jeff Gordon sometime this morning, saying he heard it was a broken rear trailing arm, and was looking for confirmation.

Also some of the reporters were saying on twitter that they should put them (JPM's car and the jet dryer) on display in the Hall of Fame.

Hey Lionel....can you make us a Twin pack? Montoya's car plus a Jet Dryer!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

That's what I figured it had to be either that or the transmission locking up at least on montoya's but McMurray's looked like broken trailing arms or sway bar mounts

I think either Daytona 500 Experience or the Hall of Fame would be a great place for them both need attendance I think the Hall of Fame more than Daytona. It would be a great piece to bring people in and I'm looking at it from the museum side of this with my girlfriend being in the museum field. I was just thinking Daytona just because it happened there but I would love to see the Hall of Fame get some people in and that would be a great way for them to gain some money back.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Why should they go in the Hall of Fame? It represents another ALMOST disaster in the Daytona 500. Nothing fame-worthy there, at all, IMO. If anything, a black mark on the race. Im just glad everyone is OK.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Jamie Mac just tweeted this picture showing what they had to do to get the engine out of JPM's car! Dont think itll be going anywhere to be displayed.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why should they go in the Hall of Fame? It represents another ALMOST disaster in the Daytona 500. Nothing fame-worthy there, at all, IMO. If anything, a black mark on the race. Im just glad everyone is OK.
I'm not saying it would go in there forever, rather go in there for an attraction piece to get people to come to the Hall of Fame or where ever. Keyword for you and your statement is almost. It wasn't a disaster, it wasn't a tragedy it was a testament to the safety of the car that Juan was able to get out of there unscathed. It could have been a major turning point in the race, just think if they would of had to call the race Dave Blaney would have won the Daytona 500 there would have been a 1st time winner sweep. I wasn't implying that this would be a long term historical feature, but I would enjoy getting an up close look at both vehicles. Some might see it as a black mark on the race like yourself and that is perfectly okay, but then some might see it as an interesting event that happen during the race. I mean honestly how many people would like to see Dale Earnhardt's crash 1997 Daytona car in a museum or hall of fame and yet that could be considered a black mark in the sport as well since Ernie Irvan's hood did fly into the grandstands injuring people. Yet out of that we got Hood Tethers to make sure that no longer happens. Maybe out of this they make something so that the Jet Fuel is in a Fuel Bladder. It's all in the light you look at it and I respect your opinion.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I'm not saying it would go in there forever, rather go in there for an attraction piece to get people to come to the Hall of Fame or where ever. Keyword for you and your statement is almost. It wasn't a disaster, it wasn't a tragedy it was a testament to the safety of the car that Juan was able to get out of there unscathed. It could have been a major turning point in the race, just think if they would of had to call the race Dave Blaney would have won the Daytona 500 there would have been a 1st time winner sweep. I wasn't implying that this would be a long term historical feature, but I would enjoy getting an up close look at both vehicles. Some might see it as a black mark on the race like yourself and that is perfectly okay, but then some might see it as an interesting event that happen during the race. I mean honestly how many people would like to see Dale Earnhardt's crash 1997 Daytona car in a museum or hall of fame and yet that could be considered a black mark in the sport as well since Ernie Irvan's hood did fly into the grandstands injuring people. Yet out of that we got Hood Tethers to make sure that no longer happens. Maybe out of this they make something so that the Jet Fuel is in a Fuel Bladder. It's all in the light you look at it and I respect your opinion.
actually it IS headed for the HOF...I made a suggestion to bring it back home (the jet dryer and driver were both from MIS...) I made a suggestion to put it on display in the fan plaza...they said they really wanted it...but the HOF is already asking for it. With the dwindling number of souvie haulers and the expansive fan plaza they put in, figured it would be a neat attraction and draw a ton of attention. To some it may seem like a black mark, but it's a notable/newsworthy moment in the history of the biggest race in the sport...not like JPM did it on purpose, stuff came apart...it is what it is. I can't wait to see it...and now tracks are upgrading their safety proceedures for the track service crews.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts