rotflmfao!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Is that Blacker's house?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
It would look good going up in flames... literally!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
It says College Humor on the bottom, maybe it's from his college days. His frat house. Didn't he belong to wana eeta pie?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My POA would have a S**T fit if I were to do that.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
POA?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Prison Officers' Association

just kidding, im guessin his "Property Owners Association". they get funny about doing anything outside of their bylaws

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'd tell them to bite my ass. When they start payin' my taxes they can tell me what to do w/my house. Outside of keepin the grass cut and stuff like that, if I wanna paint it optic yellow w/flouescent orange trim, that's my right!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
well alot of these places, before you move in, you have to read and sign a contract. if it is anything against what you have signed off on, then you can fined in some cases.

which is why if you want to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, how you want to do it............you dont move into one of these types of neighborhoods. but then you loose out on the fact that your next door neighbor can move as much junk as he wants and drop your property value.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
well alot of these places, before you move in, you have to read and sign a contract. if it is anything against what you have signed off on, then you can fined in some cases.

which is why if you want to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, how you want to do it............you dont move into one of these types of neighborhoods. but then you loose out on the fact that your next door neighbor can move as much junk as he wants and drop your property value.
How can they refuse you the right to purchase the place if you refuse to sign? Isn't that descrimination?
I know I can't refuse to rent my apt. to someone because they have kids or they left the last place they left a mess, because it is descrimination and the law prohibits me from refusing them the right to rent from me.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
JoKeR_20 said:

How can they refuse you the right to purchase the place if you refuse to sign? Isn't that descrimination?
I know I can't refuse to rent my apt. to someone because they have kids or they left the last place they left a mess, because it is descrimination and the law prohibits me from refusing them the right to rent from me.
That's rental versus owning there Ken, NO comparison! Plus he he is not so much saying refuse the right to purchase if you don't sign, what he is saying is the home may have restictions in the cotrantract that must be signed before purchasing. You can't discriminate to a renter. They are protected by that type of law. Just as You can't discriminate against a color or race when selling a home. BUT what Joker is reffering to is convenant rules. In my neighbor hood we do have convenant rules to protect our property value. Some of the rules in my neighbor hood are, No undriveable, unlicensed cars may be kept to the front of the frontal view of the street, ALL houses and or structures must be 35' back from the street curb, No two family dwellings allowed, No structure may be built other than the primary dwelling to which a person could sleep or live. All pools, and Trampolines must be fenced in. ETC, Etc, Now it doesn't say I can't paint my house a Harvick colored paint job, but if multiple families voted and a majority in the subdivision agreed that it was not acceptable then I would have to repaint it into the subdivisions agreed paint. Sounds kind of weird but it has been done for things such as shops and Garages being placed to close to someone elses property or a shed that was put up that could not stand high wind gusts had to be secured or removed. That was voted out due to the possibility of Hurricanes and tropical storms in the area. I sure wouldn't want a 10 x 10 shed flying around the neighbor hood! Secure or lose it! It protects the homeowners and there property. For those of you that haven't purchased your first home yet and plan on buying one! A piece of advise!!! READ all the paper work and fully agree before buying! Covenant laws are put in place for a reason. They are there to protect you and the value of your investment, but if you plan on restoring an old car or want to store a boat, CAN YOU? If you want to paint your hose like the one below, CAN YOU? If you want to build a pond or lake on your property, CAN YOU? Only the covenant laws that are in place for your paticular subdivison or neighboor hood will dictate that. These laws are not governed by the state!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....interesting. I guess it's like everything else. It is a good idea and designed to protect home values, but it could be abused by a bunch of people should they decide too.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....interesting. I guess it's like everything else. It is a good idea and designed to protect home values, but it could be abused by a bunch of people should they decide too.
I guess it could Ken but really it would be harder than you would expect. Our covenants are posted on file at the court house. If something falls outside of the original covenant then it must be filed with the court clerk, a petition filed and signed by all the voting members of the neighborhood that feel like it is something out of line then it is given to you to protest. So such as a house painting might take several month's to be able to get it changed. When we voted against the shed that we felt was a potential hazard the owner decided to ask everyone about strapping it and securing it more effeciently. He proposed a solution that most were in agreement with so he kept his shed, but made it safe. So see it can be a win win situation too. It all depends on the community. Ours seems to be prety good about talking amongst themselves before getting out of line. My next door neighbor has his Dog kennel all painted in purple and yellow and has the big LSU tiger on the front. No one minds and he even has the Helmet all painted up for a mailbox. He was a LSU scout for many years and everyone knows how big a fan he is. Now if he goes off and paints the whole house Purple and yellow tiger striped then we may have to have a talk! LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts