Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I posted some new additions a few days ago, but I got this one today and I can't help but show it off.

Denny Hamlin - 2007 Motorsports Authentics #11 FedEx Ground Chevrolet Impala SS COT (1 of 888) (July 1, 2007 New Hampshire win)

Car looks great. I also love what MA has done with the 'raced version' boxes.
This car is all the more special in that this is the only race that I went to last year and my favorite driver won it.
It also looks good complimenting the 1/64th Winner's Circle version.

Here's all four of his wins together.

left to right: 2006 Budweiser Shootout (Daytona), 2006 Pocono 500 (Pocono), 2006 Pennsylvania 500 (Pocono), 2007 Lenox Industrial Tools 300 (New Hampshire)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
What is that on the left rear quarter panel? Is it race damage or what? Very cool car. I really like the raced cars.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, damage. Montoya got into him coming out of turn two about mid-way through the race. I actually had a chance to ask Montoya about it after the race but he "didn't remember that" happening.

That's really the only 'damage' on the car. Some scuff on the tire and dirt on the nose and sides. Maybe a slight scrape on each side, but that's it. Good looking car, overall.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I like it, and best of all, no confetti. That was getting a bit over done IMO. It was cool at first, but I didn't like it on every car.

·
Super Moderator
8,697 Posts
they should have done all the confetti like the earnhardt no bull win car. put it in a baggie with the car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Absolutely Ron. Then you have the choice, w/or w/o confetti. That is a great idea!

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
The bag confetti is AWFUL. If you put it on the car, your stuck... because you can never move it, ever again. I love the painted confetti. Makes it stand out.

And plus, NHIS doesnt use confetti... thats why there is none on this piece. Dont get used to it.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
First COT that I have purchased and I love it. (actually a tie got the Edwards Bosox car at the same time) Small Production # as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts