Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, how do you guys seem to know when and where to get signatures from drivers? I see alot of people have tons of 1/24 cars signed but i'm clueless. Really just looking for Mark Martin or Regan Smith of the #01 car but can't seem to locate anything on the Ginn site or anything local. You would think I could find something being in NC and at Ft. Bragg.

Thanks in advance Earle

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I usually get my cars signed at the track. There are certain drivers that sign every weekend at the track, Casey Mears, Robby Gordon, Dave Blaney, David Stremme, and Reed Sorenson usually sign every weekend, also other drivers will have the time and place of the signing on their merchandise trailers. Also check http://www.driverappearances.com/ every once in a while.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
BillFan9 said:
Mark Martin doesn't sign much at all.
He's too busy retiring!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's getting ready to retire sounds like an Army thing. 12 months out we call those people ROAD (Retired on active duty) and they get to bring their big crayons and coloring books for something to do.

Thanks for the info, to bad I'll miss the next race in NC due to an Army school in GA.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
SFC_Allen said:
Question, how do you guys seem to know when and where to get signatures from drivers? I see alot of people have tons of 1/24 cars signed but i'm clueless. Really just looking for Mark Martin or Regan Smith of the #01 car but can't seem to locate anything on the Ginn site or anything local. You would think I could find something being in NC and at Ft. Bragg.

Thanks in advance Earle
I know you are on a budget, but QVC offered an autographed Mark Martin Army car tonight. They may still be available at qvc.com.
Not cheap, but w/it being so hard to get a Martin auto, and you can be sure it is authentic.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
ehhh...they look pretty close to me. The Kurt Busch one for sure. It is possible. This year more than any other I've seen a TON of drivers available due to the economy...NASCAR has no doubt encouraged them to do their part to stimulate sales. I would never have bought a Truex car had I not known he'd be out at Bristol. Nothing against the guy, but he just doesn't appeal to me much. Seemed really nice but other than Logano, Almendinger, and Kurt, most of them seemed to be doing a 'job' rather than enjoying autographs with fans.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Very interesting quote from Shrub.....I would have to agree with him on this one? Is there anybody in this forum that Shrub is talking about?...LOL

Quote Of The Week

"There were a lot of people around here today that had a lot more access than is typical. Some fans in the garage area need to respect the drivers a little bit more because they're bringing suitcases of die-casts and autographed items that they want to get signed, and I think that is disrespectful. Yeah it's our job to sign for the fans and treat them nice, but when they've got three suitcases of stuff that's a little ridiculous, and they camp outside your hauler. To me, that's a little wrong. If they had one or two items, I would be happy to sign for them -- that's fine. But three suitcases is a little outrageous." -- Kyle Busch on the fan "all-access" that was used at last weekend's NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Nashville Superspeedway.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I agree to a degree w/what he says, but if he took a walk through the pits at an NHRA event, and saw how the fans are treated by the drivers there, he would shit himself. To think he would have to stand in front of about 50 fans, standing there waiting for an autograph, and ....God forbid, a smile and a word or two. They have to deal w/fans at a NASCAR event I know, but it's a different world at a drag race, and a whole lot more fan friendly, and the drivers are a WHOLE LOT NICER.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Very interesting quote from Shrub.....I would have to agree with him on this one? Is there anybody in this forum that Shrub is talking about?...LOL

Quote Of The Week

"There were a lot of people around here today that had a lot more access than is typical. Some fans in the garage area need to respect the drivers a little bit more because they're bringing suitcases of die-casts and autographed items that they want to get signed, and I think that is disrespectful. Yeah it's our job to sign for the fans and treat them nice, but when they've got three suitcases of stuff that's a little ridiculous, and they camp outside your hauler. To me, that's a little wrong. If they had one or two items, I would be happy to sign for them -- that's fine. But three suitcases is a little outrageous." -- Kyle Busch on the fan "all-access" that was used at last weekend's NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Nashville Superspeedway.
Those aren't fans he's talking about-- those are Ebay ****!

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
yeah...he even said, " I know it's our job to sign and be nice but guys with suitcases full..." That kind of thing bothers me as well. First because as Spool mentions, they are doing it PURELY for profit which is kind of crappy. And second, it ruins things for the average fan out there just getting stuff signed. Kyle is somewhat accomodating but even his attitude about it is changing when people go out and abuse the situation.

We saw a real professional organization at Charlotte a few years back. The 'manager' had what looked to be 75-100 Terry Labonte cars/trucks/whatever else. He appeared to hire about ten homeless guys off the street for a few bucks to carry 10-15 cars each on pieces of plywood. They also had RACKS of tires as a ton of guys were signing all over the street fair. Bad storm rolled in and he was on his walkie talkie non stop trying to cover and protect his cars etc...they moved Terry to a Wachovia bank after the stage he was on collapsed and darn near killed him!

·
Vocal Member
3,179 Posts
Holy shit, mark the day Believe, I AGREE with Kyle Busch. But, I also completely agree with Spool. And in answer to your question Indiana, yes is most likely your answer. Take a car or 2, great, but anything more than that, its not just to put in your display anymore. Be happy to just get one, these type of people will eventually ruin it for everyone. Its funny, one would think that with Kyles mentality, he would only sign for the people with 1 or 2 items, not suitcase fulls. I sure wouldnt, as those arent the fans anyways, as stated. And yes Believe, if this day ever comes, you can bet that I will not tear him down for it, as I normally do, I will congratulate him. Hopefully Action/RCCA does what they say they will do, release cars that are already signed to lower the demand for signed cars for those that just have to have a signed car, and even out the market, price wise, and this wont be an issue anymore. Personally, if I dont get it signed myself, its meaningless to me. The only way I will buy anything already signed, is if its a car that I really want, and isnt released non signed, which more then likely, will never happen. An autograph is supposed to be about creating a memory IMO, not about increasing a value.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I order most of my newer Kenseth from his site signed. I have had him sign 6 ( 3 people) last year when him and jamie mcmurry (got his also) where at texas motor speedway last year. Ford has drivers sign near some tracks the week of the races also.

For the record I got my wrist band and then had girlfriend and son gets there 20 minutes later.

·
Always smooth
4,271 Posts
I agree with kspool ebay **** are ruining it for everyone and also agree that getting something signed in person is the only way to get them. I will only take 1 car a person (i make my girl take one too he he he) buts thats it

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I order most of my newer Kenseth from his site signed. I have had him sign 6 ( 3 people) last year when him and jamie mcmurry (got his also) where at texas motor speedway last year. Ford has drivers sign near some tracks the week of the races also.

For the record I got my wrist band and then had girlfriend and son gets there 20 minutes later.
...yeah...and even there, you're talking six cars...that is 'normal' to me. Getting 30-40 (and I've seen that too) is not for personal pleasure, that's where it becomes part of a business opportunity. These sellers don't care about courtesy, money is what drives them.

·
Vocal Member
3,179 Posts
Agreed, the # isnt exactly set in stone. If you want a few, thats great. To me, its all about the intention of what to do with it once it is signed. Ordering them signed already direct, thats great too if thats what you like. So long as the intent isnt purely to make a profit, and resell them, Im game.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Usually when I go to the track, I'll try to meet Robby Gordon. I'll bring two cars for him from my house, and buy two from the track since Robby is one of my favorites and his cars looks sweet. When in line, I'll have two cars, and my dad will have two cars. We don't have him sign anything else usually.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts