Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a spreadsheet that I created to help with some organization of all the diecast. I shortened it up a lot to meet the file size requirement for .xls files on this site(just delete what I left in there and start yours). I ended up numbering each of the cars will a small piece of paper and a VERY small piece of tape on the bottom of each car which cooresponds to the item # on the spreadsheet. You will need to go into paint program and reduce the size of picture to attach to photo cell. Insert the picture as a "comment" to the cell. I usually take a look thru this before heading off to a race for the weekend. Hope this helps everyone out there, I know it does me!!!

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to make sure your mouse is on the outside border of the comment box. Then right click format comment. Then clip colors and lines and then drop down color and pick fill effects. You will have to drag the corners to size the way you want it to look. In fill effect, pick picture at the top and then select picture.

·
Victory Lane is SMOKE'd
4,050 Posts
[MENTION=3565]all4gordon24[/MENTION] - you are awesome! Thanks! This will make it SO much more easier than using WORD.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
i put the pics on photobucket.com and hyperlinked the pics to the drivers names and any that were autographed to a seperate block. it looks good though! i tried to attach mine once and it didn't work so well. i'll try again! this is way old and not sorted but it'll give you a hint!

·
yes i am crazy and i can prove it
6,970 Posts
very nice have you ever thought about putting what you paid for themon there. This way if something ever happend you could give it to your ins. company.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I was going to add what I paid for cars, but after 10+ years of collecting....I have no idea what I paid for most of them. You know, as a collector you just want it!!!

Diecast digest helped me out a lot with pre 2007 ones! hahahaha. i either put what i paid or what it had in there for a value. i know it's volatile, but it's a good place to start for value. i'm in the 18k range now and i'm probably needing to get some sort of added thing to the insurance maybe? i have a fire or tornado phobia, and would HATE to lose everything! (including the rest of the house, not saying just the diecast!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts