Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2006 did all RCCA elite's come with being numbered? The reason i ask is because that one you see that i got today does not have a number anywhere on the car but the box says 1 of 250 made that's why i am curious. Thanks

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
2006 was the first year of the DIN, but elites have been numbered (with the plate on the bottom) since they started producing them back in the mid 90's. Does the car have a plate on the bottom?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] no it doesn't it has the spot where it should be but their is no plate or number anywhere on the car

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[MENTION=1975]mopar2[/MENTION] i'm not sure that's why i asked the question i thought it should be numbered somewhere on the car but i wasn't 100% sure

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I believe that you, my friend, are in possession of an elite prototype. The 2006 elite prototypes were issues with no plates and no stickers. I know because I have the 2006 Dale Earnhardt 1991 Lumina White Gold Elite prototype.
@bucknut56 Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the elites issued like this were indeed prototypes and not samples. Samples are ARC's issued without DIN's and without stickers as well. Am I correct?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm that would be really great if it is indeed an elite prototype I will take another look in the morning but I looked the entire car over for the plate and its no where to be found.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
It is in fact a prototype. No plate and no DIN in the back window. Fortunately it was one of the rare ones that came with the Elite box and sleeve as opposed to just the styrofoam box. Hope you enjoy it. You finally have a prototype Elite!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts