Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have DirectTV? I called just to inquire about pricing and such compared to Comcast, and the lady asked for my SSN to run a credit check (soft she claims). I wasn't comfortable giving out my SSN, because I was afraid it might be a hard pull and negatively impact my credit. The lady was very persistent, and kept trying to explain to me why. I told her numerous times, I understood, but wanted to do more research first. I've read in online forums, that the rep claims it's soft, but they actually do a hard pull. Does anyone know if it's actually a soft pull, or a hard one? Does it impact your credit score? I'd hate to have it negative impact me, and not end up with the service for some reason (trees, etc)

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I have it and not sure I had to give it. Our bill is around $90 a month with lower package. I have 3 HD receivers and 1 of them is DVR.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
@Dubbs You can go online on Directs web site and do your own to see if you qualify. It is a soft pull. Since I told you Let me give you give my account # and give it to them and I get a discount for referring you. LOL! I will tell you this Direct TV as wilt any Cable Co now a day is not for faint of heart and make sure you ask about all your favorite Channels down to every thing you think you MIGHT want to watch. As with any Cable Direct has to many shopping and dead air Channels etc. I have 4 HD receivers. My bill is expensive but I have all the movie channels and sports channels. HBO to me anymore is a waste of time. Jason hope this helps. LMK if you need anymore help. I live in the Mountains with all kinds of trees if the techs are worth there pay they will get your dish hooked up and working.

·
Evil Henchman
4,621 Posts
"Hard" or "Soft" anytime an entity checks your credit report there's an entry made to your report stating who/when the inquiry was made. A "Hard" request means they requested your entire credit file. A "Soft" request means that they requested your credit standing or score.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
never gave them mine and I have direct TV. I do not like or trust any of them but they are the least worst of the bunch. I would never give out my SS number. if they want your business it should not matter and why do they need to do a credit check ?you're not buying a car ....lol

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
never gave them mine and I have direct TV. I do not like or trust any of them but they are the least worst of the bunch. I would never give out my SS number. if they want your business it should not matter and why do they need to do a credit check ?you're not buying a car ....lol
A lot of folks now ask for credit checks to see if you are someone who pays late or bails or decent human. They did it for my natural gas, wanted to charge $200 because my brother didn't pay it on time a few times.

·
2 x Pick One Champion 2012, 2015
1,210 Posts
I got a quote today, and didn't have to give it. For 3 HD receivers, 1 of them is DVR, 250 channels, 3 months free premium channels, 2 year contract, $55.00 for the first year, $90.00 the 2nd year ( plus tax)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts