Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, when your taking the car apart, have you ever ran across a car were you couldn't get the little screws out??????
If so, Whatca Do???
If Not, Any Ideas??
Thanks, Scott:biggrin:

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
try a different screwdriver...seriously. I've even gone to the 'extent' of using a small slotted or 'standard' screw driver like you'd find in a jewler set or eyeglass repair kit...if you push down into the groove of the phillips head it SHOULD take the screws out pretty simply...or a sharper/new small head phillips...sometimes it's just ground 'fins' on the screwdriver or a modestly stripped screw head.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
I had some stubborn screws on the Dale jr. elite I took apart. One of the screws holding the hood hinges didn´t want to come loose.

I agree with NEW2, use a small watchmaker/jewelers flathead screwdriver for those. I used a pocketknife and it closed on me when I put pressure on it. Not safe! :wounded:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had some stubborn screws on the Dale jr. elite I took apart. One of the screws holding the hood hinges didn´t want to come loose.

I agree with NEW2, use a small watchmaker/jewelers flathead screwdriver for those. I used a pocketknife and it closed on me when I put pressure on it. Not safe! :wounded:
I'll bet that hurt like hell.

I had one I had to drill out before. It sucks because you have to be extremely careful not to slip or drill too far but it can be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts