Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted a while back the great opportunity and gift I received from Turner Motorsports in gratitude for diecast I had done for the company and sponsors. They sent me the Right front from his Chicago win car when he and Edwards coasted to the finish. Decided to hang it in the basement with my other collection pieces and used some brackets bent to fit and placed the diecast in it's VL backdrop case...came out pretty nice...kinda wish I had (and perhaps still will) used a flat black bracket to blend into the tire better...but overally happy with the results...enjoy.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I don't know-- I kind of like the contrast of the silver bracket. Nice display.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Nice story and it resulted in you having a pretty tire to use as backdrop.

I´m not a fan of the white brackets. Flat black should indeed give it a somewhat more racy appearance.

An alternative might be using brackets made of steel rod, rather then these shaped sheetmetal style brackets

·
Nascar is my World
3,191 Posts
Thats a nice set up, have wonder what to do with my JJ RW tire

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Nice display. Kinda agree with the black bracket idea, but, still looks awesome. I didn't even really pay attention to the bracket til I read your full post anyways, so, haha, take my comment for what it's worth. God bless

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very cool! Have they asked you about doing a James Buescher Daytona car?
actually the funny thing about that....once I got rolling with the brandt merchanside, the pieces started popping up at the race track when I delivered at Chicagoland..by the time I left the speedway that weekend, I had more 704 area code exchanges in my address book than my home area code...from teams to hauler drivers, TMS employees...you name it. Particularly the nationwide guys who just don't get the 'love' from the big diecast trust...it's the only way most of these folks get what they drive in diecast form. It's been a wild ride and 90% of the reason I no longer deal with board members and decal/custom work...just not worth the risks if someone gets a wild hair up their... and ebays/sells the stuff...I have agreements with the teams and they give me rights to their stuff/license...it's a crazy deal. But they pay crazy good...usually in $100 bills.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
That looks great Mike. I've got a couple tires I need to figure out how to display.

·
99 CraZy
484 Posts
Thats probably one of the best display I have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts