Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I've been reading other posts the past few weeks, and I've got a lot of good information from you guys. I've only been collecting diecasts for a little over a year now, but got about 70 1/24th diecasts. I've been thinking about displaying them, but before I spend any money on a display cases I was wondering if I could get your guys opinions on a couple things. The first is weather or not to display them. I'm worried about them fading over time. Obviously, I wouldn't display them right infront of a window, but how will they look after 5, 10, or 20 years of being displayed. Second, I was wondering if anyone can recommend good display cases. I noticed QVC has a nice, but expensive, 70 car display case. Does anyone have one of these and would you recommend it? Thanks!

·
Registered
642 Posts
first of all. welcome. i live pretty close to you. Middletown. i go to traders world flea market and in building 10 is a guy i have dealt with for several years. he is fair and has lay-a-way. i have his email and phone if needed.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

Here's a picture of my 90 car and 20 car cases from QVC. I really like them. The 90 car is really nice. It has slots for the wheels to fit in so they don't roll back and forth. I have only had it for a couple of months. The cars that are in the 20 car case have been there for 5-6 years and no fading that I can tell. I do not have them close to any windows and I can say that all in all I have been very pleased with them so far.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Welcome to the board. Pretty impressive for only a little over a year. Please post some pics in the Hall of Fame area.
I like the cases from QVC, just havn't been able to get any yet.
I have a couple of cureo cabinets my wife has bought for me for various events. I have experienced NO fading. Like you said, Stay away from windows etc.
Also unless they are in window packaging, if you display them, keep them in cases, or a case or cabinet. Don't want dust inside. It can be removed from the outside of the cars, but inside can be the kiss of death if there is enough inside. I also like the ones that arre compartmentalized and hang on the wall. If you check out my pics and some of the others in the HoF area you will see some. Also if you have any smokers in your house, you want them inside a cabinet to protect them from the tar and nicotene.
Again welcome to the best die-cast site on the internet!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I have a guy that custom builds my display cases for me. All oak, and he can use plexiglass or regular class for the doors. I prefer plexi glass because of shipping purposes, but either way is fine.

Cheaper than QVC cases, and he will make anything to any dimensions you give him, just in case you are trying to fill a space or something.

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and replies

Mello - Besides the guy that sells cases, is there anything else diecast wise at Trader's World? I've been thinking about checking it out.

Fishin' - Thanks for the pictures, you got a nice Harvick collection. Is that Spears truck custom?

Here are my 3 favorite cars from my collection, at least until I get my Daytona 500 Winner car in a couple months:

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Welcome to TCL! To answer your question about displaying cars and the cases, heres a pic of my case I have.

My case isn't a QVC or anything special, I just got this case at a local furniture store which I'm sure all furniture stores have similar cases. It has the glass shelfs for the cars, I can fit up to about 8 1/24 cars on a shelf, and you can have 12 shelfs. Its really pretty nice, cars don't get dusty or anything. Not sure if this is very helpful, but I tryed lol.

·
Registered
642 Posts
yzerman19harvick29 said:

Mello - Besides the guy that sells cases, is there anything else diecast wise at Trader's World? I've been thinking about checking it out.

Fishin' - Thanks for the pictures, you got a nice Harvick collection. Is that Spears truck custom?

Here are my 3 favorite cars from my collection, at least until I get my Daytona 500 Winner car in a couple months:

yep. i was there this past weekend and a couple guys had the dale jr camo car MA 1/24th's for $65. there are about 5-6 dealers/home dealers and i like going because, you never know what you will find from week to week.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Here's what I've got. A little of each. They all work, basically it's up to what you want, and what your budget can stand! LOL!

Just a few of the big curio, the little curio, the wall cases and the four car stack.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
yzerman19harvick29 said:

Yea the spears truck is a 1/24th custom, It was never available in 1/24th scale. joker made it for me before I was able to get the 1/64th that was actually made. Where did you get the Dollar General Harvick? I've never seen it before , is it Custom or actual produced? I see you have the Reeses cookie car. I keep trying but haven't lucked up and won one or gotten one made YET!! I will have that in my collection one way or the other!! the Burn out elite is sweet! I have the RCCA version. You don't see the elite versions very often at all even on ebay. Nice collection!! Oh and welcome aboard!!! glad to see another harvick collector in the house!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
fishin4cars said:
Ken, Nice picks! Don't think I've seen those picks in the HOF before. lot of nice Jr. cars in there!!!!!
fISHIN', In the HoF I have just about everything I have displayed posted. Check it out and LMK what you think.
I have alot of stuff that I don't have displayed. I rotate the stuff when I feel bored. LOL! Thanks for the compliment!

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Dollar General is a custom made car. The same guy that customized the Dollar General did the Cookies Car. In fact, I'm getting ready to send him stuff for the Outdoor Channel and CVS cars. I don't know why MA/RCCA never produced the DG or Cookies Car. They were taking pre orders for the DG car but it got cancelled and then of course they don't make a car that WON A RACE, but they'll make some gay holiday cars. I'm noticing that they haven't offered to many of Kevin's paint schemes this year as far as Elites go. Do they usually wait a while before putting the Elites on sale?

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Very nice cases.
SO far I have 7 of the Mirror Back Plexiglass cases like FFIGHTER 21

1 - 16 of 16 Posts