Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll bet Evernham Racing wishes NASCAR would have refused to change the nose on the 07' Dodge.
What was once handled is now a nightmare! Will they figure it out? Wadda ya think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Now all the people out there who thought Kahne was the only decent driver in the Dodge camp know that it was the setup with that screwed up nose, not so much the driver. I'm not an Evernham fan, but they could run the old nose if they wanted to.........

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, your right, I never thought about that. They can go back what?, two years in body style or something like that?
I remember some of them running the Intrepid last year for some races. I think it was mostly Bush and Newman though that did right? Good point. Yeah I think they were just hot at the time, not that they had better handle on the nose than everybody else.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
It would be in evernham's best interest to go back to the old nose, if that is indeed an option. They only have to worry about the old car for the rest of this year. The COT will be full-time next year. The owners and drivers will force NASCAR into making a move for ONE car next year, and you know it won't be the old car.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without a doubt. They are even having trouble with it this year. Actually everybody except Hendrick and RCR are.
Gibbs is doing OK, but RCR and Hendrick really have a handle on it.
I can't get over Gordon's domination. He is running like he did about 8 or 9 years ago. I think it's because he always seemed to have trouble w/his car getting aerotight in traffic. That doesn't seem to be one of the major problems with the COT. At least so far as they havn't ran on a track where Aerodynamics is that big of an issue. It will be interesting when they go to Talledega w/it next time.
Is the COT scheduled to run at Daytona on the 4th of July? Just curous, but I think it doesn't run on a Superspeedway like Daytona until the second race at Talledega.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts