Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This already has been a memorable season for Erica Enders-Stevens.
The NHRA Pro Stock driver has won three times this season, taking the national event Wally and the K&N Horsepower Challenge at Las Vegas, and the national event at Houston April 27, which was the last race on the circuit.
Although Enders-Stevens is first in the season point standings – 77 points in front of Allen Johnson – she admitted having a teammate on her Elite Motorsports team would be welcomed.
“I have a great team, but yes we are,” said Enders-Stevens when asked if she was at a disadvantage by not having a teammate. “More data, more data, more data is better. That’s something we are focusing on right now.”
Enders-Stevens said a possible teammate for her would be her husband Richie.
“We have a couple of things in the works for people to come drive, but Rick Jones is just completing a 2014 Chevy Camaro and we are working on getting the funding for my husband Richie (Stevens) to drive for 10 races,” Enders-Stevens said. “We are definitely going to strategize on when we bring him out, but we need that data. Rick thinks that this new chassis is better, so we are going to do the best we can to make it work. If it is better then you’ll see a car swap going into the Countdown. We will have to test and see what the Good Lord’s plan is, but it is a disadvantage not having all that data.
“Those guys go out there and if Jeg (Coughlin) or Allen (Johnson) is first they can go out and read the track and radio back and tell the crew chiefs what they felt, what they heard, what was going on, and how the starting line was. Then, they will look at the video and they can go back make a last minute clutch call, change tire pressure, move weight, and so on, so it is definitely beneficial to have somebody to work with.”
Having a Pro Stock teammate has proven to be the key to winning a world championship in recent years.
In 2013, Coughlin, who was Johnson’s teammate, won the world title. Greg Anderson and Jason Line, Ken Black teammates, also won world championships – Line in 2011, and Anderson the season before.
Enders-Stevens returns to the track Friday through Sunday at the Southern Racing Equipment Southern Nationals in Atlanta.
Enders-Stevens, who is the winningest woman driver in NHRA Pro Stock history, will try to add another line to her resume by becoming the driver who takes the historic 100th NHRA national event victory by a female competitor.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wanna see Erica and Allen battle it out all the way to the end screw the re set.Lets race.It would be good for NHRA and women in racing if Erica won the championship.(Not that NHRA would know how to capitalize on her maketablity and draw more fans back to the sport.Maybe draw some new sponsors to the sport as well for Erica and the other unfunded teams.)I cringe when I say this but the NHRA ought to use some of the people JFR are using in the sponsorship help.One in particular has been doing his craft a long time and has always gotten top dollar from every corporation and alway thought outside of the box.

@moparbob Do you think Richie will be able to provide Elite with what they need.I am leaning towards putting Rickie Jones in the 2nd Car.Richie has been running 1/8 mile the 1/8 mile is extremely competitive.I have very mixed feeling about this.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@moparbob Put your owners hat on and the Brinks Chevy truck just dumped a load of cash in your driveway who would you pick to drive your second car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts