Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dollar General to Braun Racing: After three seasons of single team sponsorship in what is now called the Nationwide Series, the Dollar General Corporation is moving to Braun Racing in 2008 with the development of a diverse support program. Dollar General, which supported the Nationwide Series efforts of Kevin Harvick, Inc., for the last two seasons, will serve as a full-time major associate sponsor of the #38 Great Clips Toyota to be driven again in all 35 races by veteran Jason Leffler. Dollar General will also serve as the entitlement sponsor of Braun Racing’s #32 Toyota in 11 Nationwide Series races in 2008. In addition to its support of the #38 and #32 Toyotas, Dollar General will serve as the entitlement sponsor of Braun Racing’s #10 Toyota for one race and in an associate sponsor capacity for the remaining events of both the #10 and #32 cars.(1-2-2008)

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
So are they no longer sponsering Harvick?

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
demondecko said:
PAUL BARTLE said:
selby92 said:
So are they no longer sponsering Harvick?
Returning in 2008 as sponsors on the No. 33 KHI Chevrolet will be Camping World and RoadLoans.com
Yeah but DG was on the 77 car not the 33.
sorry thought he meant sponsoring harvick as in kevin (whos in the #33 in 08 ) not KHI in general no news on the #77 yet driver or sponsorwise

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
DG is like Autozone they hop from team to team. Kinda made me laugh to see the morons at Zone drop RCR for another team after all the races they won....I will be full of joy the day the "Zone" goes under because of it moronic management and ownership. As for DG I wonder if they are testing the waters so to speak? Harvick gave them some great runs but also some great wrecks too and no championship. I think they just want to find a good team with a talented driver they can tag as their own.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I know alot of you will disagree, but I believe if Braun put Dave in the DG car full time, they would win the Busch Championship. He gave the cars great runs everytime he was in them. He was second in points and real close to first when they started the driver merry-go-round last year by putting Vickers in the car and then it went downhill from there.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Not to shortchange Bowyer, he did a great job, but Dave and Hamlin had no books when they started, and they were given no info by the other teams. Hence, they pioneered all of the setups for Clint and team. He ran really good last year in Busch when he ran regular, but then they started jacking him around, and they went down hill from there.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
I agree that Blaney could do some serious damage in Busch if given a full-time ride, even with a low-end team.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
thunder_alley1984 said:
Just remember when Blaney was at RCR they weren't doing too good at all. Harvick and Burton were lucky to lead a race/win. Bowyer was just fresh and what they needed to bump it up. It seemed like they just communicate so well as a unit now.
Ya can't argue that. They are definately a force to be reckoned with this year. I woulda loved to have seen them win it last year. He was a refreshing surprise.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
He's tough, ain't no doubt.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I was glad to see RCR make a charge this year, just because, it was also a part of where the Big E came from!!! I was glad to see Burton resurrect his career, from a dismal Test car for the #99 team!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Happy29, BTW, I love yer avatar. Where'd ya snag that pic?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts