Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm a little late on this one. On March 30th we'll celebrate our 3 year anniversary and on April 1st we'll enter our 4th year online with a new logo! This new logo we'll come directly from a member of TCL! It's time to show your creativity in our inaugural 6 month contest! The logo chosen will be displayed from April 1st through the end of June at which time it'll be replaced by a new one for the second half of 2008! This year, 2 members will have their logos displayed to the world and those winners will receive a paid membership to the RCCA Club. If the winner is a current club member then they'll will receive a new release AP 1/64 hood open car of their favorite driver.​

Contest Begins: January 28, 2008
Contest Ends: February 28, 2008

Rules: Fairly simple...design our logo (title banner)! When you're ready to submit the logos just post them in this thread using our attachment option only. Please...no remotely hosted images. Only one entrant per member is allowed...save any extra logos for future contests. Once posted, your logo is property of The Collector's Lounge. Your logo will never be used unless you are chosen as a winner of the D'sign'r Logo contest. Logos that are not winners are allowed be repostedin future contests. Winning logos may not be reposted. Any derogoratory logos will be removed from the contest. For help uploading your logo's using our attachment feature please read this thread http://www.diecastnuts.com/community/index.php?topic=11438.0.

Voting: Members will have 1 month to vote on logos. I will post a thread exclusively for voting. Voting begins March 1st and ends March 30th. Winners will have their logo displayed and will be notified on April 1st.

Our current logo...

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have changed this up a bit.  A paid RCCA membership is at stakes.  Those of you that are current members will receive a new release 1/64 Action hood open car of your favorite driver.  Also modified is the time frame.  This will become a 6 month contest meaning there will only be 2 winners per year and their logo banners will be displayed for a whole 6 months.  When we get on our regular cycle, banner posting threads will be open as follows...

1st Half 2009-  Contest will begin Friday, August 1st, 2008 and end Sunday, November 30th, 2008.  Voting begins Monday, December 1st, 2008 and ends Saturday, December 20th, 2008.  Winning logo will go live on Thursday, January 1st, 2009.

2nd Half 2009-  Contest will begin Sunday, February 1st, 2009 and end Sunday, May 31st, 2009.  Voting begins Monday, June 1st, 2009 and ends Saturday, June 20th, 2009.  Winning logo will go live on Wednesday, July 1st, 2009.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Does the banner have to be 686x125 I'm guessing?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it can be wider...as far as height try to keep it under 150 pixels. Just use reason when creating them...I won't be too picky for size as long as it's reasonable and won't take up half of the page!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'd love to be able to enter this, but I am so pc illiterate, that I have no idea even how to begin to design it and get it to the site. Good luck to all the entrants.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have to go into my younger days to do something to stand out!!!! Just wait boys!!! I just need some time, to create something, which is hard to come by with the grandkids and my job, but watch out everyone!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohio29 said:
Can we copy and paste logos (ex. NASCAR) or is that illegal?
You'd probably be violating some copyrights depending on what you used. Look for the ©, ®, or TM when using logo's. If something you want to use contains either of those 3 then it's safer not to use them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts