Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of the highlights of one section, and the link to the whole overview is here:
http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/overview/index.html

Rewards & Standards

Rewards for great sellers
How are great sellers measured? Customers decide. They give sellers more stars in detailed Feedback if they are satisfied. These Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs), along with other indicators of customer satisfaction, will influence seller rewards and standards.
Search Visibility
PowerSeller Rewards & Standards
Safe Payments
Feedback Changes
Coming Soon: Seller Dashboard
Search Visibility
Search visibility will be tied to customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is reflected in a combination of DSRs, Feedback, and fewer complaints filed of an item being "significantly not as described" (SNAD) or "item not received" (INR). In March 2008, Best Match will become the default sort in search to give more buyers the results they want and will:
Increase exposure for sellers with DSRs 4.6 and above and at least 95% customer satisfaction in the last 30 days.
Decrease exposure for sellers with low customer satisfaction or Shipping & Handling DSRs.
PowerSeller Rewards & Standards
We're taking steps to give new meaning to PowerSeller status on eBay. Starting July, a score of 4.5 or more on all DSRs (based on the last 12 months) will be required for membership in the PowerSeller program. We will reward PowerSellers with fee discounts and other benefits for their record of excellent customer service.
PowerSeller discounts on Final Value Fees (or Transaction Services Fees)

DSRs of 4.6 or more (based on the last 30 days): 5% Final Value Fee discount
DSRs of 4.8 or more (based on the last 30 days): 15% Final Value Fee discount

Expanded seller protection from PayPal beginning February 2008

Protection for any shipping address, not just a confirmed address
Unlimited annual coverage, not just $5,000 per year
Global coverage, extended to 190 countries around the world

Expanded and Extended Unpaid Item (UPI) Protection Program

Expanding to single-item fixed price listings
Extending refund of Feature Fees permanently

Safe Payments
To help ensure more buyers are protected, in some cases we'll require sellers to offer either PayPal or a merchant credit card to customers. PayPal buyer protection covers most qualified transactions up to $2000.00 USD.
Sellers will only be required to provide this safe payment option to customers in certain situations:

For listings in riskier categories, like computers and cell phones
If the seller has 5% or more dissatisfied customers
If the seller has less than 100 Feedback

In a small number of cases (fewer than 5% of all payments on eBay), PayPal will hold payment funds until either the buyer has left positive Feedback or 21 days have passed without a claim.

Feedback Changes
The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.
Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

Coming Soon: Seller Dashboard
See how you're doing, at-a-glance! Changes in Feedback and measures tied to Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) and the percentage of satisfied customers will help sellers understand and manage their role in serving and growing their customer base. We want to help sellers know where they stand. Soon, we'll be making available a personalized tool to help you understand your:
PowerSeller status
Billing status
Discount qualification
Search standing
Policy violations and potential risk of restriction
Buyer satisfaction (comprised of a combination of: DSRs, Feedback, INR and SNAD complaints)

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one I was wondering about because there are deadbeat buyers. It will, however, eliminate a lot of the retaliatory feedback that's been going on.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i know i have seen some sellers out there that have given buyers feedback, just to be a dick. there was one sellers i dealt with that took 6 weeks to send out a shirt. well after i started reading their feedback, i had to watch how i wrote to this person so i wouldnt be his next victim. let me give you an example of what most of the negatives he handed out: "emailed me to ask where shirt is", "emailed to ask when shirt will be shipped", "couldnt wait 5 weeks for delivery". you see where im coming from?

i think that that is sort of a good policy myself. the seller does his job by posting an auction. the buyer does his job by bidding and winning an auction. when the buyer pays for that item, i think that the buyer should be awarded his positive feedback, because he has done his part, bid, win, pay. i hate it when these sellers hold your feedback ransom until they have recieved theirs first. now i do know there are certain buyers that just no matter what cannot be satisfied and those are the exception to the rule. but what more should the buyer have to do to get his + feedback? then of course there are the sellers that will just give retalitory feedback just to get even with the buyer, even though the sellers was in the wrong and deserved a negative.

i had this happen not that long ago, with a seller that sent me a bogus error car. from looking at the pictures in the listing it all looked mint, but when i got it you could see plainly that the idiot cut the plastic all the way around the fan pass and the car and changed out the fan pass to look like an error and then had the nerve to put clear tape on it to try and cover the cuts. well needless to say i complained and told him that this item was worthless and he told me that "it was mint when it left his house and that there was no cuts or tape on the package when it left his house". which is where i told him, "do you mean to tell me that there a vigalante mail workers that open pagakes, cut them, and then put tape on them and then ship them out?". well after a long argument and a lengthy fight with paypal i got my money back, but i could tell from talking to this jerk, that if i would have given him negative he would have done the same back to me and that wouldnt have been right. i did my part but he didnt do his and i would have more than likely screwed my feedback, if i would have given him what he rightly deserved.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to read a funny retaliatory feedback, check out mine. I bought the 5 1/64 2000 WC Armed forces cars from a seller a couple years back, and she never sent them out. I actually waited 60 days and then left her a negative, hoping to avoid the retaliation but got one anyway. (I filed and won through paypal and got my money back.) She was banned from Ebay soon thereafter, and Ebay did nothing to help me. With this new policy, it helps me two ways. Since she has been suspended from Ebay, her negative no longer counts, and since it is older than a year old, it no longer counts, which restores me to 100%, which is what I should have anyway!!!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...k&userid=kspool&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=6

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
Looks like they are lowering the fees on the front end when you list items but raising them on the back end with higher final value fees. Therefore you will end up paying more in fees per item which cuts down on profit. I'm sure Paypal will be increasing their fees as well since they are part of the eBay empire. I don't like that buyers can only receive positive feedback. Just as someone said earlier there are plenty of deadbeat bidders. If someone wins my item and never pays, I guess that's it. I can't leave them a negative anymore. That is really stupid. Sounds like the new eBay CEO has been hard at work coming up with ways that sound like they will improve the community but I don't think so. I'm glad I'll have my own website soon and won't have to fool with them anymore.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
now see that should be an exception to the rule. if they dont pay, then they deserve a negative.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ebay has made changes which will lead to it's temporary demise. No, Ebay will not go away. It will improve after these seemingly stupid changes. I personally have no problem with the increase in fees. Everything goes up including the price of a gallon of gas or milk. But.... why I have stopped listing on Epay is a couple of things. First: You cannot leave a scrote a negative feedback if they are a bad buyer. I sell a lot of antique toy soldiers on here and believe me there are a multitude of scam artists out there. Under the new policy all a person has to do is leave a seller a negative with a generic "Item not as described" and file a paypal chargeback. You are out the money and your reputation is done.

Case in point: I sold 3 Barclay soldiers to a woman in New Hampshier. These as well as all of my items are packaged to withstand a 2 story drop without damage. She claims the rifle of one is broken off and wants a 50% refund. I tell her to send the entire package back to me and receive a full refund plus shipping. She says no way and threatens me with a negative feedback and a paypal chargeback claim if i refuse to cave in. She also refuses to send a photo of the damaged item. I send Ebay the string of mails as a fraud claim and they respond with a nice letter saying the buyer is always right.

Ebay will go on and will prosper. After this stupid announcement was made Ebay stock immediately droped $10. Brilliant strategy if you ask me. Make the stock drop so low you can aquire complete control cheap and then fix your business later.

Bottom line is I am done with Ebay

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I quit selling on there and Yahoo auctions a long time ago. When everybody and their brother were starting to sell die-cast on there. Looks like I made the right decision.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kimsdad said:
Ebay has made changes which will lead to it's temporary demise. No, Ebay will not go away. It will improve after these seemingly stupid changes. I personally have no problem with the increase in fees. Everything goes up including the price of a gallon of gas or milk. But.... why I have stopped listing on Epay is a couple of things. First: You cannot leave a scrote a negative feedback if they are a bad buyer. I sell a lot of antique toy soldiers on here and believe me there are a multitude of scam artists out there. Under the new policy all a person has to do is leave a seller a negative with a generic "Item not as described" and file a paypal chargeback. You are out the money and your reputation is done.

Case in point: I sold 3 Barclay soldiers to a woman in New Hampshier. These as well as all of my items are packaged to withstand a 2 story drop without damage. She claims the rifle of one is broken off and wants a 50% refund. I tell her to send the entire package back to me and receive a full refund plus shipping. She says no way and threatens me with a negative feedback and a paypal chargeback claim if i refuse to cave in. She also refuses to send a photo of the damaged item. I send Ebay the string of mails as a fraud claim and they respond with a nice letter saying the buyer is always right.

Ebay will go on and will prosper. After this stupid announcement was made Ebay stock immediately droped $10. Brilliant strategy if you ask me. Make the stock drop so low you can aquire complete control cheap and then fix your business later.

Bottom line is I am done with Ebay
last time i had an issue with a seller and wanted a refund, i was told by ebay to send the car back if i wanted a refund. i told them then that i thought that that sucked since it wasnt my fault that the seller cut and taped the package to make it look like an error, and now i need to go out of pocket and mail it back. they told me once again, "the seller is willing to give you a refund, but you need to send it back first, and that is our policy".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts