Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this should go in here or the Auction Forum but anyways - I received a car today I bought on eBay that is missing 3 of the 4 hoodpins and a little paint knick on the end of the hood/front of car (not as big as deal as the hoodpins IMO). The missing hoodpins were not included either. When I went back to look at the auction all of this was noticeable in the pics but in the description the seller said "Nice Condition; Displayed Only" and "Car has minimal wear".

The question is - should I leave positive feedback since basically the seller showed these defects or see if I can send it back? At the moment I'm leaning towards just keeping it since it's my own fault but wanted to hear what y'all had to say. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
It doesn't hurt to ask, just be prepared that it may not work out in your favor. Either way I'm sure you've learned a lesson that will help you with future purchases.

Maybe you can get extra hoodpins to replace the ones your missing?

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Id say you have to take it for what it is. If the flaws were visible you cant really blame the seller. You could ask them for a refund but youd probably have to pay for shipping. I got 2 cars that were missing one and instead of paying for it to be returned I picked up a car for less the 5 bucks and took pins off that. It was cheaper in the long run.

·
FERNBURG RACING 27
61 Posts
Yea I would say if the pictures show that they were missing then you have to eat it I hope you didnt pay to much

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to try to hunt down some hoodpins in the meantime and leave positive feedback for the seller.

·
Premium Member
12,382 Posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to try to hunt down some hoodpins in the meantime and leave positive feedback for the seller.
Actually that's a good choice. Sorry I don't think I have any extra hood pins.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would leave a neutral for a head ups to the next guy. I think contact the person, tell them I'm leaving less than positive and see if that gets you anywhere. Minimal wear to me is not receiving something with pieces missing.

·
PENSKE INDY NUT
87 Posts
I think you gotta eat it man. If it shows in the pic, it's yours. It's happened to me also. Good luck with your next buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.