Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your opinion on what happened between Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards after the race on Sunday? If you don't know what I'm talking about a link to a video clip is below
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBm_VugNYk[/ame]

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
after he went for the swing, Matt flinched and Edwards smiled. it would have been great to see Edwards bust Matt right in the face.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Man, Matt should have kicked his arse, if you are gonna draw back the club you better be planning on using it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't like either one of them, so I wish they would both beat each other to death.

I clicked the youtube link and watched the video, and it was funny to see the other video link that came up......

Carl Edwards VS Matt Kenseth?

Carl Edwards almost hits pace car.

Edwards has become Nascar's prettyboy so all the female fans have somebody to cheer for since Kahne hasn't done much as of late. Edwards makes me sick with all of his goody twoshoes stuff and all of his BS excuses he gives out over his radio during the race. Just yesterday they played his radio communications with his crew chief and he was saying there was all this crazy stuff going on around him. He left out the part that he was the one causing all the crazy stuff.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I like Carl and Matt. I believe all the "Goody Good stuff" as you cal it that Carl says. I find it refreshing to have somebody who really appreciates the fact that he gets to do what you and I would love to be doing for a living.
And as far as Matt's concerned. He is pretty soft spoken and is a very clean driver on the whole.
Everybody has there right to like or dislike guys, but IMO they are some of the better guys in Cup right now.
I can think of some who are quite the idiots at times and are very good at taking their success for granted.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I personally like Kenseth more, but from what I'm to understand Carl was bumped back to 9th? Little over-exagerating I believe but usually you have to do something pretty drastic to piss off Edwards. I personally would have loved to see Kenseth get a punch in though

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Mearsfan25 said:
I personally like Kenseth more, but from what I'm to understand Carl was bumped back to 9th? Little over-exagerating I believe but usually you have to do something pretty drastic to piss off Edwards. I personally would have loved to see Kenseth get a punch in though
I have no "Dog in this fight"....(as Micheal Vick would say)....but I saw the pic of Carl on Men's Health. He'd knock Matt's "dick" in the dirt I'm afraid. That cat is "ripped".....

·
Registered
418 Posts
[I have no "Dog in this fight"....(as Micheal Vick would say)....but I saw the pic of Carl on Men's Health. He'd knock Matt's "dick" in the dirt I'm afraid. That cat is "ripped".....
[/quote]

Yeah, he's a big boy for certain but I'm sure there are one or two drivers that would have following that mock round-house punch with a swift kick in the ass. I like Edwards but he does seem to have some serious anger issues at times. I don't like how he embarrassed his teammate on live TV the way he did. He's pulled that stunt before... remember when he approached Dale Jr in victory lane after one of the Busch races (I hope I got my facts right here - i don't remember the race)? He's going to embarrass the wrong person one of these days I'm afraid.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'd like to see this video. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone post the link?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBm_VugNYk[/ame]

There ya go Fighter it's at the top lol. Anyways I know Carl would probably whoop Matt's ass, but I would like to see Kenseth get a good hit in if it ended up happening. Anyone see the Busch race where Kenseth cut Edward's tire?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
IMO that was real. It may have started out joking, but it got real really quick.
Thanks for the link BTW. If I woulda looked again, I woulda seen it WAS posted originally. I thought it wasn't.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Maybe Carl's bi-polar and has not been taking his meds?

Carl Edwards apologized Tuesday for his actions following Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway, saying he was wrong to show his anger toward Roush Fenway Racing teammate Matt Kenseth. Edwards said on a NASCAR teleconference that trouble has been brewing between the pair for a while and that it's probably been six months since they've had a conversation. Now, he wants to change all of that. Edwards is hoping that he and his Roush Fenway teammates can do a better job of having a "team spirit," and he says he plans to do his best to communicate better not only with Kenseth, but with all his Roush Fenway teammates. Edwards took full blame for his actions, pledged to get to know his teammates better and analyzed what could have brought on this type of display. He added that he would take the first step toward mending fences.(SceneDaily.com)(10-23-2007)
Kenseth Comments: Kenseth wasn't very surprised when Edwards accosted him shortly after the race. "His behavior has been real erratic lately, honestly," Kenseth said of his Roush Fenway Racing teammate. "You don't know what to expect with him. That's the thing that's a little bit troublesome. One minute, he has so much respect for you, and he's real friendly and everything's so much fun. The next minute he wants to kick your butt and he's swearing at you. It's a little scary. You never know what you're going to get. I thought it was good in a way that the cameras were there because a lot of us see that, and nobody else does because he kind of puts on a different front

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FFighter_21 said:
Maybe Carl's bi-polar and has not been taking his meds?

Carl Edwards apologized Tuesday for his actions following Sunday's race at Martinsville Speedway, saying he was wrong to show his anger toward Roush Fenway Racing teammate Matt Kenseth. Edwards said on a NASCAR teleconference that trouble has been brewing between the pair for a while and that it's probably been six months since they've had a conversation. Now, he wants to change all of that. Edwards is hoping that he and his Roush Fenway teammates can do a better job of having a "team spirit," and he says he plans to do his best to communicate better not only with Kenseth, but with all his Roush Fenway teammates. Edwards took full blame for his actions, pledged to get to know his teammates better and analyzed what could have brought on this type of display. He added that he would take the first step toward mending fences.(SceneDaily.com)(10-23-2007)
Kenseth Comments: Kenseth wasn't very surprised when Edwards accosted him shortly after the race. "His behavior has been real erratic lately, honestly," Kenseth said of his Roush Fenway Racing teammate. "You don't know what to expect with him. That's the thing that's a little bit troublesome. One minute, he has so much respect for you, and he's real friendly and everything's so much fun. The next minute he wants to kick your butt and he's swearing at you. It's a little scary. You never know what you're going to get. I thought it was good in a way that the cameras were there because a lot of us see that, and nobody else does because he kind of puts on a different front
Mood swings.... steriods?
Maybe Harvick was right earlier this year. Maybe NASCAR should test for drugs.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, that's cold Tater! LOL!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
cold but true, lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
yzerman19harvick29 said:
I've had a running arguement with the bartender at my local bar for over a year now. I say Stewart could kick Edwards' @$$, he says Edwards would mop the floor with Stewart. What do you guys think?
Edwards for sure. Tony would probably fight dirty though, so he might do some damage before getting knocked out.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
That would be similar to Busch VS. Spencer. No contest. Edwards would kick Stewarts outta shape I.E. "FAT" butt.
Nothing against Tony, but he's not a real svelt guy anymore. I don't think he'd even fit in an Indy car anymore, even after his diet and training regiment

1 - 20 of 24 Posts