Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
From Jayski.com

Vickers to drive #55 in 6 races: Michael Waltrip Racing announced that Brian Vickers will drive the team's #55 Toyota Camry in six NASCAR Sprint Cup races in 2012 beginning at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 18. Vickers will also race the #55 at the August Bristol event as well as each of the two races at Martinsville Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway this season. "I am thrilled to get back behind the wheel of not just a race car, but a very fast race car," said Vickers who earned Toyota Racing Development its first Chase for the Sprint Cup entry in 2009. Vickers, 28, owns two victories and 11 poles. Until this season, the Thomasville, N.C. native competed full time in the Sprint Cup Series for eight years. In 2011, he scored three top-five and seven top-10 finishes. Michael Waltrip drove the #55 in the Budweiser Shootout and will run in four more races in 2012. Mark Martin will drive the #55 in 24 races plus the All Star Race in Charlotte. MWR will name a driver for two road course events later.(MWR), Elliott Sadler was initially announced as the driver. See see earlier updates on the #55 team page.(3-8-2012)
http://diecastcrazy.com/community/member.php?u=2758

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Good for Sadler, just stay away from JJ

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think its still aarons on the car
No, Aaron's is only signed for 25 or 30 races or something like that. Hence the driver change....Sadler most likely brought a sponsor.

·
JG#24 CE#24 BK#2 KB#41 KL#42
1,156 Posts
More cautions..

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
KEWL, Too bad its a Toyota, other than that Waltrip will have a great year hopefully.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Great day for Elliott announces the 5 race deal and then ones in the Nationwide race congrats to him on both and hopefully more success in the season

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I personally would like to see Mark run the whole season he seems to have a fire under him this year. If not i would like to see Mikey hang it up before he does even more damage to his career and give half the 55 ride to someone like Elliott. Micheal is ok on the pre race shows on fox not as bad as i thought he would be glad to see Elliott get a break and get a crack at cup agian.

·
Do people read these?
6,452 Posts
UPDATE 2: Elliott Sadler's plans to substitute for Mark Martin behind the wheel of the #55 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series may have been a bit premature. Sadler, who won the Nationwide Series race Saturday for Richard Childress Racing, was hoping to pilot the Aaron's Toyota for five races that Martin has elected to skip, starting with the race at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 18. But multiple sources told FOXSports.com the deal blew up Saturday night, shortly after it was announced via a press release. While talks had been in the works for a couple of months, the manufacturer conflict for Sadler, who drives Chevys full time for RCR in the Nationwide Series, appears to have squashed the arrangement. With most rosters set for 2012, don't be surprised to see former Toyota driver Brian Vickers run the five races in place of Martin.(Fox Sports)(3-4-2012)

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was wonder how the Chevy/Toyota deal was gonna work. Apparently it won't. That's a real shame for Elliott.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I was wonder how the Chevy/Toyota deal was gonna work. Apparently it won't. That's a real shame for Elliott.
Don't Worrt Willie I have a feeling that we might be seeing that #33 running longer than just the 1st 5 races and I think it might be a hodgehpodge of drivers Including Elliott Sadler, Brendan Gaughan, Austin Dillon, Tim George Jr (Road Courses), and and maybe another driver....

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
How stupid! Why would they open their big mouths before having everything in place? I thought they even talked about it today during the race? I hope they don't end up giving it to Vickers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Come on Vicker's is out of a full time ride, he deserves something.

Now it is funny how 2 of the 5 races would be at Martinsville..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts