Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday I asked Lionel if they had any plans to release any tucks for this year, I also asked if they planned on updating the tooling so they could do so and the answer was "no plans at this time". Since CFS is done for it sounds like there won't be any more Camping World Trucks :( Has anyone else heard differently?

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Who are they going to make though? They don't have anyone within the trust that runs in the Camping World Truck Series. There aren't too many major names that could sell enough die-casts to make the new tooling worthwhile. I'm not saying people wouldn't buy a Jeb Burton die-cast, so please don't get that impression. It's going to cost them a pretty penny to create a new tooling and without the guarantee of selling a s***load of die-casts.. it's not going to be a good business move for them.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
On Friday I asked Lionel if they had any plans to release any tucks for this year, I also asked if they planned on updating the tooling so they could do so and the answer was "no plans at this time". Since CFS is done for it sounds like there won't be any more Camping World Trucks :( Has anyone else heard differently?
It is not feasible for anyone to make truck series diecast at this time as a regular release, and it is not feasible for anyone to make new tooling, so if there is anything made, it will be a promotional release on old bodies and at a high price. Expect prices of about $12 for a 1:64th or $70 for a gold series (plastic chassis) 1:24th if any are made as promotional pieces.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Who are they going to make though? They don't have anyone within the trust that runs in the Camping World Truck Series. There aren't too many major names that could sell enough die-casts to make the new tooling worthwhile. I'm not saying people wouldn't buy a Jeb Burton die-cast, so please don't get that impression. It's going to cost them a pretty penny to create a new tooling and without the guarantee of selling a s***load of die-casts.. it's not going to be a good business move for them.
The only trucks that might make MOQ would be the 2 BKR trucks, the 3 Thorsport trucks, the 2 KBM trucks, Austin Dillon and the 3 Turner-Scott trucks; the problem is that none of those are in the trust, except for Austin Dillon is sort of, so they would not have the licensing to make them. Manufacturer wise there are only 2 Fords, 5 Toyotas and 4 Chevys that could make MOQ, so making a new mold for the Ford definitely isn't feasible, and making a new mold for the Chevy is not likely because they will never get Turner-Scott in the trust, the only chance they have is getting KBM and Thorsport in the trust and then they could make 5 trucks with that mold and they just might barely break even if they are lucky.

·
Team Caliber. "Anything less is just a Toy"
8,708 Posts
Well that sucks..

..as a Ford fan, I have got squat for any truck diecast over the years (not including RC)..

..after just watching the truck race from this weekend, it's a no wonder, as the trucks are just plain f-ugly..

Reactions: Erikjef24

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
nascar has tried hard to kill off the truck series even though they deny it. tv speed channel, no 1/64 diecast, fewer races.......

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Sadly, I think the days of truck series cars are long gone, except maybe the occasional promo.

Reactions: Wilbur

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Sadly, I think the days of truck series cars are long gone, except maybe the occasional promo.
And they won't be on the correct molds. It is kind of sad to see how diecast have changed over the years. This is one of the biggest things I missed them keeping up with, I'm not blaming them for the lack of stuff as hell even big name drivers don't sell as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts