Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for grins....what's everybody's favorite paint scheme of ALL TIME, Cuo or Busch?
Hell even Truck, WoO, whatever. Any form of racing.
Post away, and even better, if you have a pic, post it.
I was all set to do it, but then when I decided to change it to all time, I had to think again. I'll post mine later after some more thought, hope we get a good response to this....thought it would be cool, and stimulate some debate. Ya know we never have any good debates here right? LOL!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have always liked Jeff Burton's NBS car from '00. He was sponsored by Northern Light. It was simple but it still poped. I found the RC car at KMart and I never saw it again. It is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that one too. The clean cars w/nice contrast always seemed to look the best to me.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i like the Peanuts schemes Tony Stewart ran. but i am also a long time fan of the Peanuts gang too

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked them also. but the Gordon original one is my favorite of them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Mine is the 2005 Pitch Black 2 car that Jeremy Mayfield Drove. That is just the best loking paint scheme of all time.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Bill's XBOX 360 from Homestead last year.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
got to add David Stremmes Halo 3 scheme from this year

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I never cared much for that DE jellybean-puke car. It looks alright, but... just... odd.

Since I follow my own drivers, I'm more aware of their cars. So here are a few of my favs.

Busch Series - 2002 Homestead. It's simple and clean... and it has FLAMES!

Winston Cup - 2001 Bristol (fall). This will always be my favorite Ward Burton scheme. The CAT Tracks/Dozer car. Very well designed. I just wish that Team Caliber or Action made the diecast instead of RC.

Nextel Cup - 2005 Dover (fall). Finally, I love this car. Another creative design but, again, it's simple. Wish they made that in 'preferred' instead of just pitstop.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the Cat Tracks car also. Was that car made in RC Authentics? The highest version I have ever seen it in was the Preview Series. If I could find one in RC Authentics, I'd pay pretty good for it. I like it cause (like you said) it's well designed. They tried really hard to make it look like the car was made from a dozer. Very nice scheme.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Yeah, it was made into RCA. Two versions, regular and gold. I had/have both versions. I had to return the gold version to the ebay seller because it was scratched all to hell and he was being a dick about it. But I got my money back (minus what it cost to ship the thing back to him). Then I got the regular RCA version. But Racing Champions were retards. The package that they put the car in made the paint wear. The plastic 'cover' would wear away at the side decals. So it's a little flawed (not as bad as the gold one though). I do that that RC retail version as well (no box).

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
My favorite Nextel scheme was DJ's 1999 Quality Care Reverse paint, BGN, not sure what year it was but DJ drove a #32 Gillette Mach 3 Razor scheme, I can't even find a pic of it or a diecast but always wanted one.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have 3
Earnhardt 1995 Silver Select - The one that started all of the special schemes!!
Earnhardt 2000 Taz - I've always been a huge Taz fan
Earnhardt 2000 Peter Max - It was just so odd for the intimidator's Black car to be so colorful!!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
man this is a tough decision so many to choose from lol

I guess the foose scheme Gordon ran or the both pepsi cars from this year.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Don't have many paint schemes I like outside of my drivers, but here goes, I liked the Lucas Oil car Wimmer ran 2 or 3 races in 06 with McClure, I loved Kahnes 04 Mountain Dew car and his Click car last year, for Stephen, I liked his Action car he ran in 05.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After much thought myself, here are my favotites, as I couldn't narrow it down any further. They are in order of favorite from liked, to loved! LOL! The last is the one I like the best, but they are all about the same on the like-meter!
Greg Biffle's Urban-Camo.....

Kasey Kahne's MOPAR (THE 1ST ONE)....

Elliott Sadlers black and grey M&M'S....

and the ultimate.....Ryan Newman's Penske 5oth Win....

I think I like it the best, cause it is a throwback to the old Javilins that Mark Donahue drove for Penske in the Trans-Am Series. Really brought back alot of good memories and is nice and clean and neat, w/lots o' contrast. Just the way I like em'! I was gonna throw in the Bobby LaBonte Let's Roll, but I thought this was enough. If you have too many, then you really don't have a FAVORITE! lol!
Thanks to all so far for the responses! Keep em' coming!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts