Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bud called me this morning and let me know that on either Feb 6th or 7th, Target is suppose to be putting up an endcap display of strictly Winner's Circle diecast. There are suppose to be some 1/64th 2 packs, 1/24th's, and a "BOX" as he said with various cars in it selling for like $50.00 for the set. I'm not sure if this is a regional thing with Daytona Speedweeks coming up, or a nationwide promotion. Maybe the 1/64th 2 packs will have a Daytona Speedway Anniversary diecast in it and driver cars. When I hear more, I'll post it. He said that they haven't received them yet from the distribution center.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
will be looking forward to seeing what it all intails

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bud called me again to let me know that there is suppose to be a 4 car 1/64th BOWTIE set included with the endcap display. Sure would be nice if it was a Hendrick set. You never know. He said he would call me when he gets more info and when they start getting the special endcap diecast in. All for now.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I have never seen endcaps in Target. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is suppose to be a special endcap in toys for the Daytona 500, as he said there is suppose to be a special 1/64th 2 pack included which is prob a Daytona 500 and a driver car, along with the Bowtie set and other items.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
have you found out if it is going to be on the 6th or the 7th yet? i would hate to drive all the way out to find out i have to ride back out the next day and also dont want to go the day after and take a chance of the ebay scalpers hitting it and taking most of it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All he told me is that it is due to set on the 6th. He is suppose to get me the DPCI numbers when he get them.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
tjwanda said:
My bud called me again to let me know that there is suppose to be a 4 car 1/64th BOWTIE set included with the endcap display. Sure would be nice if it was a Hendrick set. You never know. He said he would call me when he gets more info and when they start getting the special endcap diecast in. All for now.
There was a Bowtie set offered from the Club that had Gordon, Jr., Johnson and 50th Daytona car in it. It came in a Bowtie tin, and I believe it said, not exclusive to the Club, so that may be the Bowtie tin set. You may get yer wish!
After going back and checking, the cars are 1/64th Elites, so it may be a downgraded version, but I would assume that this is the Bowtie set they are talking about. It would be cool if it was, huh?

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I wonder if these will be exclusive to Target or also available at other retailers.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
There is also a non-elite version offered on Copperstate racing. It is about half the price, so anyone who has collected for more than a year or two knows what to expect.
They are going to make 3 or 4 different versions of the same set and wonder why it is only worth .99 cents in 6 months!
:)

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
BLACKER said:
There is also a non-elite version offered on Copperstate racing. It is about half the price, so anyone who has collected for more than a year or two knows what to expect.
They are going to make 3 or 4 different versions of the same set and wonder why it is only worth .99 cents in 6 months!
:)
Say it isn't so!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
HAPPY29 said:
May i ask a question? what is an Endcap??
From my days working retail, an endcap is the shelves at the end of an asile (usually in the main asile of a store) to promote something special.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's exactly it. It will probably be a END/shelf/peg display on the diecast aisle, facing the main aisle.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
NASCAR.com has the 4 car set for 54.99.

·
Registered
589 Posts

That is an example of an endcap.Should be interesting to see what they put on it. Hopefully something other than just 24/48/88

1 - 20 of 40 Posts