Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any pics and/or cars from FedEx's first season? Who was the driver the first year? Jason Leffler? For some reason I can't remember. If anybody has the cars in 1/24 I would be interested in trading for them. I wanna build a Denny Hamlin collection, but figured even though he didn't drive the first year, the paint schemes were pretty cool, and I could maybe get them pretty cheap, so thought I would start there.
If ya'll can help, by all means gimme a holla!!!

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Leffler did drive the 11 car first year in 2005. I don't have any cars of him though.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
The 18 carried FEDEX at the Ccca-Cola 600 in 2005.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that was a race that the #11 didn't make, so to get the sponsor in the race, LaBonte drove the FedEx colors. If I remember right, he finished 2nd, just getting beat at the line. Didn't Johnson get him on the outside comming to the checkered?

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Yeah, that was a race that the #11 didn't make, so to get the sponsor in the race, LaBonte drove the FedEx colors. If I remember right, he finished 2nd, just getting beat at the line. Didn't Johnson get him on the outside comming to the checkered?
Unfortunatly yes.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Yes... :mad: ....yes, he did....... :rash:

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, didn't intend to strike a neve.... :bowdown:

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Yes I was there-- every f***ing race I go to that damn 48 wins...

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guys! Now I just gotta find the cars....

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Yup, Jason Leffler, Terry Labonte, J.J. Yeley, and Denny Hamlin took time behind the wheel of the #11 FedEx car in 2005. Also the race of Bobby Labonte in the #18 FedEx car (a race I was at!). Hamlin proved it wasn't the car that was the problem! lol.

They made all four of the #11 cars in 1/24th Action for Jason Leffler. Also in 1/64th hanger boxes. There is also a #18 FedEx 1/24th for Bobby Labonte. I'm going to try and find as many different #11 Lefflers I can at Loudon next weekend. I need all four.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Yes, they made all 4 in 1/24 and 1/64. You can expect to pay $ 15-25 plus shipping per car on the auction site
the Labonte is also out there and pretty rare about $35-50 +ship. If you find a cheaper outlet let me know, I'm looking for all of them as well. BTW, Hamlin raced at least 1 of those paint schemes on '05 and had a great finish at Kansas, but they never produced a car with denny's name on it.
Travis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts