Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to reach out to all in the DCZ forum and get your opinion on this subject. Everyone here knows I am a 1/64 collector. Busch Brothers & Chase Elliott are my drivers. I look at FEEBAY to see if anything good is available but rarely purchase. Anyway does anyone else feel that the prices for say Kyle Busch & Chase Elliott older 1/64 boxed cars are absolutely ridiculous!! After looking today it seems the ridiculous prices are creeping up into 2018 & 2019. Starting prices on older boxed cars from $29.99 up to $75.00 even super ridiculous Kyle Busch INDY Jones for $200 😱 What the heck 🤪. I’m not sure these sellers even are selling at these crazy prices. Speaking for myself I guess you all would consider me tight. I have fallen in love with collecting again but no off the wagon lol 🤪 To me it is a little disturbing and sad. Don’t get me wrong I love the hunt. But the prices are INSANE!!! Lmk what you all think? Thank you for letting me vent :mad:
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Toy

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree...................sometimes the 1/64 prices are almost the same as the 1/24 cars.
That's why I only buy a few random 1/64 cars.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. 👍

·
just old school
6,163 Posts
If you collect a certain driver, and don't want to miss out on a car, of course pre-order.
But, if you are lookin for "older" pieces, you may have to wait for the fall in prices, or keep hunting.
In demand drivers, will demand premium prices, if, they sell at the inflated asking price.
I have stopped buying 1/64 in 2017, and don't buy Chase 1/64 or Larson 1/64, 1/24,
I have 2 Chase 1/24, paid the new car price.

·
Sunday Money
2,107 Posts
Enjoying the hobby for over 20 years ... market demand is constantly changing ... historically declining over time.

I have learned many times ... patience is almost always rewarded. Short term pain or long term gain .... your decision how you play the game.

Nothing more satisfying to me than waiting a year or more and paying 50% of retail or less. I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of the hunt ... some of my most memorable hunts lasted five to ten years ... met a lot of great people along the journey.;)

The journey continues ... having fun ... always a few more die-cast on the list to hunt down. :cool:

Chase will be a memory some day ... replaced by another driver in the promo ads ...his die-cast demand will come back to earth eventually. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aftermarket prices can certainly reach ridiculous levels. It’s never been more important to preorder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After reading all the replies it seems the pre orders is the way to go on the high demand drivers. I will take Brian’s advice use extreme patience’s on finding the older pieces. I guess I will never get use to the crazy FEEBAY prices!!!
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
874 Posts
There have been some older 1/64 scale diecast I have regretted not getting and they ended up either being impossible to find or they go for insane prices. This year I have pre-ordered more cars than I ever had before for two reasons. For helping to meet MOQ and in case they sell out as soon as they made and become available.

I'm only missing 2 1/64 Red Bull cars. Vickers 2007 COT and Vickers 2010. Just saw the 2007 COT pop up for $200. For some reason the Red Bull cars always went for insane after market prices. I regret not getting those when they were new but didn't know they would turn out to be that hard to find.

I also noticed the 2014 Dogecoin 1/64 car go for insane amounts (between $100 and $500). Glad I got that one but wonder if it's because of the Dogecoin "resurgence" lately...

Reactions: T-Bone

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There have been some older 1/64 scale diecast I have regretted not getting and they ended up either being impossible to find or they go for insane prices. This year I have pre-ordered more cars than I ever had before for two reasons. For helping to meet MOQ and in case they sell out as soon as they made and become available.

I'm only missing 2 1/64 Red Bull cars. Vickers 2007 COT and Vickers 2010. Just saw the 2007 COT pop up for $200. For some reason the Red Bull cars always went for insane after market prices. I regret not getting those when they were new but didn't know they would turn out to be that hard to find.

I also noticed the 2014 Dogecoin 1/64 car go for insane amounts (between $100 and $500). Glad I got that one but wonder if it's because of the Dogecoin "resurgence" lately...
I agree the Red Bull 1/64’s never seem to have dropped in price. Even the Kahne 4 car still draws top dollar 💵

·
Premium Member
7,837 Posts
I don’t buy any 1/64 scale cars, but have seen some crazy prices.
I have been watching a Kyle Petty Wells Fargo 1/64 hood opens car. It’s going for over $50. Last one sold for $91. That’s crazy to spend on a 1/64 scale.
There must be a market or demand for them.

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don’t buy any 1/64 scale cars, but have seen some crazy prices.
I have been watching a Kyle Petty Wells Fargo 1/64 hood opens car. It’s going for over $50. Last one sold for $91. That’s crazy to spend on a 1/64 scale.
There must be a market or demand for them.
Prices on older 1/64’s are ridiculous :( To me $91 for a boxed 1/64 is crazy coo coo!!!
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle

·
Black #3 Fan
2,885 Posts
I would tend to agree with you Tbone. I am 1/64 collector myself and I have to laugh at some of the sellers on EBay. Saw a feller on there selling a very rare diecast a number 25 Dale Gorden for 24,99 plus shipping. That was indeed the rarest Danny Hamlin car I had ever seen. For some reason the Red Bull and some of Kyle’s car have gone thru the roof on price..looking back i now realize I have some expensive donors that have been stripped down to the bare metal. Look for the current seller from Japan posting 65 dollar cars for the same cars posted for 8.99 with free shipping. Laughable if nothing else

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Prime example of ridiculous FEEBAY prices 😱 enough said!!
Font Tire Gadget Technology Screenshot

·
Premium Member
10,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CHECK OUT THIS!! 😱 🙈 WTF!! Insane price 🤣
Product Font Screenshot Electronic device Gadget

1 - 19 of 19 Posts