Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining all day and all last night here, but at around 2:30... it changed to SNOW. That evil, four-letter word. It's not cold enough for it to stick, so it melted on impact, but it was snowing pretty good for a while. First sign of the misery to come...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
You get the first snow of the season the same night we get our first frost. LOL Back up to 60 today and suppose to be back up to 70 tommorrow.....

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
taterracing said:
It's been raining all day and all last night here, but at around 2:30... it changed to SNOW. That evil, four-letter word. It's not cold enough for it to stick, so it melted on impact, but it was snowing pretty good for a while. First sign of the misery to come...
It snowed from yesterday afternoon clear through to right now here in good ol' NWPa. It even stuck over night. We had about 1/2 inch on the ground and on the vehicles. It sucks! I swear every year, I will not be here for another winter, but every year, I'm still here. I can't wait until my wife finishes Grad school. Then we can move somewhere warm all year around. I'm gettin' old and the body gets colder and colder every year.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
fishin4cars said:
You get the first snow of the season the same night we get our first frost. LOL Back up to 60 today and suppose to be back up to 70 tommorrow.....
Bite my ass........

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
If you were your avatar, yeah, you could paddle me, you on the other hand ain't touchin' it.....LOL!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Ohhh, deicing. I got lucky the year I was in Korea, it was a mild winter and I only had to deice a handfull of jets. Also it was not too bad because we had the enclosed deicer with heat.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Been a long time since this area has had any good snow here on the Space Coast. Theres a funny story behind the last time we had a good snow, the day before the local Big Lots store get accidentally sent a shipment of sleds. The store manager had a good sense humor and instead of sending them back he put them up for display in the store's front window. Well long story short it sonowed that night and guess who had a good buisness day?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
nascartech said:
FFighter_21 said:
If you were your avatar, yeah, you could paddle me, you on the other hand ain't touchin' it.....LOL!
hahaha i heard that . Anyway sounds like your loving the snow ?? :)
Yeah, like a razor under my nuts....

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Funny thing, Those of you that get it hate it! Those of us that never get get any would love to see it! LOL I've never seen it snow on Christmas! ( One goal I hope to do in life! ) , I've never been frozen into my home, had to shovel snow, or go out early in the morning and scrape off snow. ( One goal I plan on not doing!!!) LOL Dang, I love the south... low tonight 58 high tommorrow 72

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
The worst part about it here, is I am 49 years old, and I can only remember 2 or 3 years I have seen a white Christmas in my whole life, but believe me, we have no shortage of snow the rest of the year . IT SUCKS!!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
About how cold does it get in NC?
I lived in Cincinatti for a year, and when I went there to live, my Boss said that being so close to Kentucky, the locals considered it almost the deep south. He said that it didn't get below 40 to 45 degrees, and they got very, VERY little snow. When they did, it never lasted more than an hour or so, and very rarely stuck and/or accumulated.
Well, that winter, they had their worst winter on record. The city, was closed down twice. I worked in an office w/another guy from Philly, Pa. and we were the only guys who made it to work when the city was shut down. Both times and it was a disaster in the city. The two Interstates that go through the city, I-75 and I-71 were bumper to bumper semis. Wadda joke. I am a shit magnate, I swear!

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
maybe you need to come down here Ken. we haven't had a good snow in years. on second thought, maybe not. the people around here would freak and we would see a crap load of accidents.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
LOL, 6 inches. We get 6 inches over night several times a year. About a half an hour from here starts the snow belt that runs from Meadville, Pa. through Erie, Pa. all the way to Buffalo, NY and into Canada. It gets lake effect snow from Lake Erie, and they routinely get 2 to 3 feet atta wack. They received 1 foot and 1/2 just the other day in less than 3 hours. UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I am like Dragon. I'm gettin' TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT! I used to wear a windbreaker in the winter, and I slept naked all year around (I know, too much information), but now, if it gets below 60 degrees, I am cold. The circulation is shot in my hands, so the fingers go numb, I wear layers of Under Armour to stay warm, and I sleep in sweat pants and sweat shirt, w/socks. I still have to take about 4 or 5 hot baths a day to keep the back pain down, and JUST to stay warm.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Yeah, I guess I'm just a miserable old bastard. At least during the winter. LOL!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts