Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It wasn't the best day for a fishing derby because of the rainy weather but my grandchildren had a blast. The fish where biting pretty good too, so that kept them busy. They also put on a show and gave prizes to the kids after the derby was over. There was a juggler there and he asked for a volunteer for one act and my granddaughter volunteered. Here is a picture of my son with his kids and some from after the derby.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Congrats John and Great Job . Ive been told that there is nothing like spending time with grand children. I cant wait to have my own some day. My kids got robbed of my parents passing away and my wifes parents could care less that have grand children so again , great job on your end.

Reactions: Dale3DaleJr88

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
Very cool! It looks like they had a blast! There is nothing like making good memories to cherish for a lifetime!

Reactions: Dale3DaleJr88

·
KB-972
17,161 Posts
Awesome pictures & forever memories. I remember doing that exact same thing with my son.
I had a great fishing buddy until he turned 14 & discovered girls. I love fishing & he will still go once in a blue moon.
Thanks for sharing.

G

·
Looks and sounds like a great time.I have no grandchildren yet and hope I won't for about another 5 years ,but when I do I look forward to moments and times such as this.Well done @Dale3DaleJr88

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome pictures & forever memories. I remember doing that exact same thing with my son.
I had a great fishing buddy until he turned 14 & discovered girls. I love fishing & he will still go once in a blue moon.
Thanks for sharing.
This was my 3rd fishing derby with the kids. I did 2 more with my 2 sons when they where young. Fish is another one of my passions along with diecast and hunting. Both of my sons hunt and fish too, when they can, with me or their children. I started them out young and they loved it.

·
AKA Leadfoot
125,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Dale3DaleJr88 Whers Billy Big Mouth Bass?Or is it the Whopper that got away?LOL! I am sure @Plan B Sales would of made it worth your while to trade spots!LOL!Pink race car or pink fish?
There was no Billy Big Mouth Bass but she did catch Mr Whisker Catfish. :D I would have loved going to Brent's warehouse sale but fishing with the grandchildren was priceless. :)

·
KB-972
17,161 Posts
This was my 3rd fishing derby with the kids. I did 2 more with my 2 sons when they where young. Fish is another one of my passions along with diecast and hunting. Both of my sons hunt and fish too, when they can, with me or their children. I started them out young and they loved it.
Oh I started him out young also. He loves fishing but at this stage he likes girls better. He's 15 now so he's only been into girls for a year. In that yr he has gone with me a few times.My wife hates fishing but loves to eat fish. lol. However we do go shooting a lot as a family, that's also something my wife really likes to do.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts