Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the story behind these two cars...

I've never been to a race, really never seen a track larger than the local dirt track back home. I've always wanted to go and have had chances to go but it seems like something always comes up at the last minute. Therefore, I'm sitting at home once again watching the race on T.V. I've talked with friends about this and which track that I would like to go to for my first race, and my answer always have been Bristol. Don't ask me why, but I've always wanted to go to Bristol for my first race.

Jumping forward... a really good friend of mine, you guys know him as Rebel88fan on here, called me up one night. He asked me just as humble as he could, if I wanted to go with him to the races in March, all expenses paid. I just had to get my butt to his place in Virginia and back home, of course I had to have my own spending money. LOL What do you think my answer was to this? Hell yeah!!!

So I got to thinking about that weekend. I really didn't want to carry around a crap load of cars, just in case I get to meet a couple of NASCAR paersonalities, drivers, and such. So what if I had a blank custom car for each of the series? Started throwing some ideas around with a member here, via PM messaging. He was throwing some ideas back. This was what we had came up with. He printed the decals for me, and I put the cars together.

Now whether if I get to meet any of the drivers or other personalities that week end, really doesn't matter much. Sit back and think about it.
1) All expense paid... Bristol weekend. Both Nationwide and Cup races.
2) Spending the weekend with really great friends... including you to JD!
3) Another friend helping me out with the decals... making the cars a little more personal to me.
4) CHC!!!! Here's a couple more cars that will NOT be leaving my collection. Means that much to me! :)

One more thing that I forgot to mention... Rebel88fan called me back. He was gonna wait until I got to his place to tell me but it seems that he couldn't wait. :) He also bought tickets for us to the Danica Q&A session and also the Kahne Q&A sessions at Bristol. Talking about going over the top!!

I'm so stoked and excited, but more importantly gratefull for having friends like this. Brain, JD, and "decal guy"... thanks so much for everything!! I could never repay you guys, no matter what!!!!!! :)

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
those look stellar....you did an awesome job on those...should look even better loaded up with signatures...a couple suggestions...if you have a silver sharpie you could spot touch the hood and deck pins or I could mail you a couple sets of hoodpin decals...I know you have a little time before Bristol. Otherwise those look fantastic and will be completely unique/one of a kind pieces...very cool story...and I hate to say this...but you really screwed yourself going to Bristol first...NOTHING....NOOOOOTHING...will compare afterwards haaa

·
#BradNation #goingfor2
2,404 Posts
Awesome job!!
I know youll love Bristol even more in person ;)
Im going to the races next month, as well..so maybe Ill see y'all there!

·
Dboy1974
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+
those look stellar....you did an awesome job on those...should look even better loaded up with signatures...a couple suggestions...if you have a silver sharpie you could spot touch the hood and deck pins or I could mail you a couple sets of hoodpin decals...I know you have a little time before Bristol. Otherwise those look fantastic and will be completely unique/one of a kind pieces...very cool story...and I hate to say this...but you really screwed yourself going to Bristol first...NOTHING....NOOOOOTHING...will compare afterwards haaa
Appreciate the thought. I do however have silver paint for this. Just a drop here and there... should be good to go.

As far as me screwing every race up for myself after Bristol... that's alright. I'm just thankful that I am going. Only because a good friend invited me. I'm still floored by everything. :)

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Bristol is also my number one track to go to for a race not in Texas. Cool story man hope you have a great time!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great job and awesome story!

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I hate to break it to you but they renamed the Scotts EZ Seed 300 to the Ford EcoBoost 300. They look great though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You picked a hell of a track to go to your first race! Plus all expensies paid you can't beat that with a 10ft pole. You will definatly enjoy it.

Those diecast are pretty sweet and will be a great reminder of the whole trip.

And on more thing:

BRING EAR PLUGS!!

Unless you want to hear your ears ringing for 3 days. :wink:

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
[MENTION=1342]Dboy1974[/MENTION] show us how the cars look now with all the autos you got!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts