Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is probably the majority of out members now... LOL.
Anyway, if you have any question who the DiecastCraZiest member here is, :confused::wacky::woot: let me set the table for you. I am going to RAOK not one, not two, not three, but FOUR cars out of my collection as a free giveaway (see photo). :nailbiting: PRESENTING THE MOPARBOB DODGE STARTER PACK:
  • (1) 2003 AXESHUN John Andretti #43 Cheerios Dodge R/T
  • (1) 2003 AXESHUN Kyle Petty #45 Georgia-Pacific Dodge R/T
  • (1) 2004 AXESHUN Jeff Green #43 Cheerios Dodge R/T
  • (1) 2004 AXESHUN Kyle Petty Brawny Dodge R/T
Rules:
  1. You must be 25 yrs. of age or younger and a REGULARLY CONTRIBUTING member of this website. team3and8 Dale3DaleJr88 racersimage Jerry, John, and/or Franklin, please confirm all entrant's age and participation via PM.
  2. DO NOT ENTER if you have the intention of using this gift as trade bait or to flip. :sour: This offer is from my collection to yours and I expect it to stay that way. :cool:
  3. Show the RAOK off in the Show and Tell section once received with the cars proudly displayed in your collection. :)
  4. You must prove to me, ol' MoparBob, that you have MOPAR and Petty tendencies. What does that mean? It means you need to be worthy of accepting Dodge Material, specifically those of Petty Enterprises. Explain to me how these cars will fit into your collection. Also prove to me that you have some MOPAR blood coursing through your veins. Write a paragraph or two and include some photos of how and why this is so (please no internet photos claiming you are this or that. I want to see actual legitimate proof...) :bookworm::watching: You can include your entry right here in this thread.
  5. I will choose the winning entry and notify the winner that I deem the biggest "noob" Hemi-Head on this site by Friday in the P.M.
  6. Good luck now let's hear from you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Nice Giveaway MoparBob! Don't have the Dodge and Petty requirements anymore but hopefully this pack does go to a true collector!

Sent using Tapatalk and go Rowdy Busch - DW Forever

Reactions: 7409

·
Is That Legal?
2,913 Posts
Cough

but in all seriousness, I would love the cars, but I think someone would appreciate them more.

Reactions: stp43

·
The Busch Wacker
9,103 Posts
to bad i'm 27... caz I love the Dodge Chargers in real life.

·
Stone Cold CraZy
3,558 Posts
Wow, that's a very kind gesture Bob! I'm not sure if I'm Dodge Material, but it can't hurt to give it a shot.

I actually don't have any 1:24 scale Dodges yet, except for a Hot Wheels car, so any Dodge would be welcome in my collection. The '03-'04 body is actually my favorite NASCAR Dodge since they returned in 2001 (besides the 2013 Charger that never raced). I like the sleeker, aerodynamic look they gave it.

I don't own a 1:1 scale Chrysler, so I can't say I'm a loyal Mopar buyer. The car I was dead-set on being my first car, though, was the Dodge Daytona. No, not the 1969 Charger with the giant wing, but the sporty coupe they made from 1984 to 1993. They're really hard to find in good condition nowadays, but I had my eye on a couple, one of them being a 1992 IROC. But my dad got a job with Sherwin Williams who gave him a new car, so he just handed down his 2004 Taurus to me, which was a great car by all means, just not as cool. I'm still considering getting a Daytona as my first project car though. I'd like to convert it to RWD and put a new Hemi in it.

And that brings me to a little fun fact I've never shared here before. My very first diecast car ever was a Dodge. I'm not even sure I was three years old yet when my dad bought this for me. It's a 1984-86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z from Matchbox. As you can see, it was played with a lot. It even has an opening hood, although some sort of defect causes it to stay open. This was made before Mattel took over Matchbox, back when they still made plenty of cars with diecast bases.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Toy
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Toy Blue

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, that's a very kind gesture Bob! I'm not sure if I'm Dodge Material, but it can't hurt to give it a shot.

I actually don't have any 1:24 scale Dodges yet, except for a Hot Wheels car, so any Dodge would be welcome in my collection. The '03-'04 body is actually my favorite NASCAR Dodge since they returned in 2001 (besides the 2013 Charger that never raced). I like the sleeker, aerodynamic look they gave it.

I don't own a 1:1 scale Chrysler, so I can't say I'm a loyal Mopar buyer. The car I was dead-set on being my first car, though, was the Dodge Daytona. No, not the 1969 Charger with the giant wing, but the sporty coupe they made from 1984 to 1993. They're really hard to find in good condition nowadays, but I had my eye on a couple, one of them being a 1992 IROC. But my dad got a job with Sherwin Williams who gave him a new car, so he just handed down his 2004 Taurus to me, which was a great car by all means, just not as cool. I'm still considering getting a Daytona as my first project car though. I'd like to convert it to RWD and put a new Hemi in it.

And that brings me to a little fun fact I've never shared here before. My very first diecast car ever was a Dodge. I'm not even sure I was three years old yet when my dad bought this for me. It's a 1984-86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z from Matchbox. As you can see, it was played with a lot. It even has an opening hood, although some sort of defect causes it to stay open. This was made before Mattel took over Matchbox, back when they still made plenty of cars with diecast bases.

View attachment 120924 View attachment 120925
Mmmm Hmmmmm. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I should give this a try, but I really need to post more often :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Giving it a shot.
I have always been partial to Dodge's, both in NASCAR and on the streets. They just look and sound so badass. I was saddened to learn Dodge was leaving NASCAR a few years back. I have one dodge 1:24, that being a 2005 Mayfield Mountain Dew Pitch Black. I'd love to have a Keselowski, but the dude I was buying from didn't come through.
I can't legally drive yet, as I'm only 15. However, my first car will probably be a Dodge since I have a few connections that can get me an awesome one. I turn 16 in September, same day as the 6 month anniversary of Johnson's Fontana win.
I can easily say that these cars will stand out in my collection. Ever since I was able to start looking for work I have bought more and more 1:24s. These 4 Petty Dodges will really make the collection stand out because they'll be the first cars (other than my JJ raced wins) that I'll really appreciate owning. How so? Because of the legacy they have behind them (and they look pretty cool).
I tried putting some pictures but they won't agree with me, so I'll try again later.
Now why do I love Dodges? Well, there's a couple answers to that. One is that I grew up in SE Wisconsin, where you either drive a pickup or a Mopar/Dodge. Most of my friends have Dodges. I have discussions weekly about the Hellcat, Avenger(my fav), and the Challenger. Hell, there was even a plant nearby that produced engines that may have went into Dodges(it was a Chrysler plant, and they own Dodge). Everywhere around me there's Dodges. Next it's my turn to own one, and I personally can't wait much longer.
Thanks for reading this. It's kind of long.

Reactions: Mike KB-41 and 7409
1 - 20 of 29 Posts