Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I put it here. Feel free to move it should it be more appropriate somewhere else...
here is the link to the story and the video...
http://www.nhra.com/content/news/24436.htm

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
WOW, No matter where you put it that is really disturbing news! Glad to hear that it seems to be only fractures at this point. That was a nasty crash. Had to turn directly to speed channel to see if they said anything else about it. Thanks for the posting Ken! That is the reason I primarily like visiting sites like this. It is the fans that seem to pass on the news first.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
They reported on Dave Despain last night that he had a fractured wrist and ankle and a severe laceration on the knee. Not as bad as first was being reported. Glad he wasn't hurt any worse than he was. Also the question came up a few times about if he would retire after that accident or not. No answer of course. It was phone call questions but it still arises the question if John has had enough glory of the sport. Guess that knews will surface soon eneough if it happens.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be wrong, but I don't see him quiting. He just signed on w/another big sponsor (Summitt Racing) and he has all of the other sponser obligations so he can keep Ashely in a car and his son-in-law too.
Maybe one more year, w/a big farewell tour or something, then just run the team. JMO....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts