2012 Bristol Spring Race
-vickers moibl 1
-keselowski target
-Jr,Kenseth/?????
-Gordon/Aflac

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I didn't even notice until my son pointed it out to me. Also, when they showed the running order at the top, for some reason Joey Logano was all by himself. There was a huge space before and after his name. lol

·
Banned
434 Posts
How did FOX get the paint schemes messed up in their graphics, was this like a technical malfunction or something, not trying to ask another question nobody on here can answer, but it is just my guess that they had technical problems in the booth.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
It's just a case of FOX getting too technical and flashy.

Personally, I wish they'd concentrate on making their core coverage better (all networks) and cut back on the fluffy peripheral stuff. I don't watch for the graphics and gophers and stupid songs. I watch for racing and good coverage.

·
Monster
3,584 Posts
i wish they could run it like f1 was with the BBC.

no commercials at all from the start of prerace to the end of post race.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
i wish they could run it like f1 was with the BBC.

no commercials at all from the start of prerace to the end of post race.
NASCAR would never agree to that nor would FOX. The only people who want that are the fans.

·
Banned
434 Posts
Few questions [MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION], What did the tbs format look like cause I don't remember it?

I notice that FOX doesn't do that till about 50 to go or something, and ESPN does theirs at the halfway point of the race, is that just how the networks have it setup or what?

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
NASCAR would never agree to that nor would FOX. The only people who want that are the fans.
It actually cannot be done. Local ads have to appear in the regular frame and not in the side-by-side. I don't mind commercial breaks every once in a while. Gives me time to take a leak or do something else for a couple minutes.

Let's face it, without ads, there is no NASCAR on television. FOX has to make money to replenish the ridiculous amounts of money it spends to show NASCAR on television.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Few questions [MENTION=425]taterracing[/MENTION], What did the tbs format look like cause I don't remember it?

I notice that FOX doesn't do that till about 50 to go or something, and ESPN does theirs at the halfway point of the race, is that just how the networks have it setup or what?
Format? It was just the same as the side-by-side they have now. They didn't do it all the time, they did it for a few races in 2000, I believe. Then they lost their contracts to FOX, NBC, TNT in 2001.

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
It actually cannot be done. Local ads have to appear in the regular frame and not in the side-by-side. I don't mind commercial breaks every once in a while. Gives me time to take a leak or do something else for a couple minutes.

Let's face it, without ads, there is no NASCAR on television. FOX has to make money to replenish the ridiculous amounts of money it spends to show NASCAR on television.
I don't mind commercials once in a while but it seems like over the past 10 years they have become more annoying. Possibly because the people IN the commercials are annoying.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts