Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any posts about Gateway's 2007 Busch race minus two from firefighter...Well here it is.....Krystal suprised me with tickets to go last night! As many know I have been to Gateway several times and 2007 was not a let down by far. After getting to see Wimmer lead the first 50 sum odd laps he had a tire problem sadly enough. He battled the entire race to finish SECOND!!! (Yes Trevor I was cheering for him along with Sorenson and Edwards). It sucked seeing Steve Wallace wreck on lap 5 because of brake failure then seeing Kenny get taken out in a later accident. The only Wallace to finish decent was Mike. Edwards was the best of the "hometown" boys finishing 6th after smacking the wall in 3 hard. The best part for me was seeing Sorenson repeat as winner. I went in 1998 and 1999 when Dale Jr. won both races then 2000 and 2001 when Harvick won now 2005 and 2007 when Sorenson won. 3 times n history has it been done I'ved been there for all three. Wimmer will win before long that car was awesome last night.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Sounds like a good time man, I was traveling the past few days and just checked the winner a few mins ago. Kinda glad I didn't see it if Wimmer had that problem...but he will get one before long.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I can say was Wimmer was AWESOME! I know he's raced there before when I've gone and he never really shined..But this year with that RCR team he's showing a lot. He could have/should have wrecked when he lost that tire. But he didn't and to finish second shows he can drive a race car.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Wimmer had a great run. It's not often that I see one of my favorite drivers finish second and be disappointed, because he had a good enough car to win. Since that tire blew, he spent the night always trying to catch up. He'll get one soon. He's so close.

Great to see that you got to go. Sounds like you had fun!

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
glad to here that TA. hope you have loads of fun as usual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts