Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belonging to the military makes it tough moving items when on the move frequently. The ever threat of damaged and lost items is always a worry. For this reason I've had a bunch of my die-cast stored at my sister-in-laws for safe keeping. I am predicting that I am on my last assignment and hopefully last move so I requested that she start bringing some of my collection on her visits to Virginia.

Here are a couple of the first couple bins of what my wife calls junk. Additionally, I'm probably going to only initially post the 1/24 cars as I start going though them.

IMG_8049.jpg
IMG_8052.jpg
IMG_8055.jpg
IMG_8059.jpg
IMG_8057.jpg
IMG_8058.jpg
The first few are the Dodge Sirius cars and for some reason really appeal to me. This is going to be like seeing them for the first time again as I have forgot half the cars I have.

Enjoy...

·
MoPaROrNoCaR
30,043 Posts
Belonging to the military makes it tough moving items when on the move frequently. The ever threat of damaged and lost items is always a worry. For this reason I've had a bunch of my die-cast stored at my sister-in-laws for safe keeping. I am predicting that I am on my last assignment and hopefully last move so I requested that she start bringing some of my collection on her visits to Virginia.

Here are a couple of the first couple bins of what my wife calls junk. Additionally, I'm probably going to only initially post the 1/24 cars as I start going though them.

View attachment 574304 View attachment 574306 View attachment 574308 View attachment 574310 View attachment 574312 View attachment 574314 The first few are the Dodge Sirius cars and for some reason really appeal to me. This is going to be like seeing them for the first time again as I have forgot half the cars I have.

Enjoy...
Keep 'em coming, Brother Bill Scatpack and get some albums going. Fill'em up and go for COTM! :)

·
Premium Member
7,726 Posts
Love the “junk” diecast. I get the same feedback from my wife, I get some grief, but I enjoy showing them off. Congrats on unveiling them, looking forward to some more of them in the future.

·
You win some, lose some, and wreck some.
7,718 Posts
Good luck. Moving is not fun. It’s one of the hardest tasks to undertake during our lifetime
Thanks buddy. It really is awful. The collection has come down and is packed away. Now I just hope it makes the short trip across town and into the new house.

·
Paper Racer
6,260 Posts

View attachment 574304 View attachment 574306 View attachment 574308 View attachment 574310 View attachment 574312 View attachment 574314 The first few are the Dodge Sirius cars and for some reason really appeal to me. This is going to be like seeing them for the first time again as I have forgot half the cars I have.

Enjoy...
Good luck. Moving is not fun. It’s one of the hardest tasks to undertake during our lifetime
First off Bill thank you for your service. My wife will not allow me to display anything in the house except for my built in bookcase in our bedroom. As for going through tubs, it is difficult because I am currently going through all of my wife's stepdad's stuff. He had an entire garage full of bins and a room in his basement. Just enjoy seeing things for the first time again.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First off Bill thank you for your service. My wife will not allow me to display anything in the house except for my built in bookcase in our bedroom. As for going through tubs, it is difficult because I am currently going through all of my wife's stepdad's stuff. He had an entire garage full of bins and a room in his basement. Just enjoy seeing things for the first time again.
Ric thanks for the kindness and its my pleasure to serve. Back in the day I did have a man cave with most of my stuff displayed. After leaving that place I only had my Air Force collection displayed and is how it is today in the new house. That's up in the bonus room over the garage that is a shared area but is becoming my area to decorate where I'm slowing and quietly putting out a car here and there. We still have boxes from the move that haven't been opened so I know the feeling. Especially with all the other chores that need to be done like fixing this money pit of a house, but that's another story.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet looking first tub! I am headed down that road myself, first time I have moved my massive collection. I am scared to death...lol
Thanks and don't envy your move, even though its only across town. At least you can control the packing and how the boxes are handled if your doing all the moving. The military provides a moving company and they will unpack what I had packed securely only making it worse. That's when I started to leave my stuff in storage. Hopefully all goes well with your move. :thumbsup1:

·
Super Moderator
2,552 Posts
i see some good looking dodge material :clapping:

·
just old school
5,691 Posts
Yep, got plenty of them junker totes, hope all goes well,
ThankYou for your service,

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Thank you for your service. I hope I never have to move again. It took three hours just getting empty boxes out the attic the last time. I never get that "junk" line from my wife. She has her own "junk" from Gone With the Wind and Wizard of Oz....which I add to every Christmas.

·
CraZy LuDiCrOuS
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
4,729 Posts
Nice cars from the first tub. Moving sure does suck (moved 3 times with the military when my dad was in the Navy...7-8 times overall) The last move, I had packed all my diecasts...most of which are still in boxes in the back corner of a storage unit).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for your service
Thank you for your service Bill !!!! Love the "junk" tots !!!!
Yep, got plenty of them junker totes, hope all goes well,
ThankYou for your service,
Great looking junk sir.. Thank you for your service..
Good looking cars and thanks for your service.
Thank you for your service. I hope I never have to move again. It took three hours just getting empty boxes out the attic the last time. I never get that "junk" line from my wife. She has her own "junk" from Gone With the Wind and Wizard of Oz....which I add to every Christmas.
Thanks you for your service. Nothing is juck when you pick it out yourself. That usually means you like them.
Thanks for the service-thanks and its been my pleasure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts