Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and saw Ghost Rider tonight and I liked it. Gotta love the Marvel Comics movies!

Of course it had the comic book reaches when it comes to reality and Nicholas Cage doesn't necessarily make a good bad-ass, but it was good. Definitely one to add to the collection.

"You sold your soul to the devil for love. Now, you've got the power to change the world."

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It looks pretty good and I want to see. My 8 year old son wants to see it, but I am not sure how much gore and stuff is in it. He can't handle very scary movies yet, but he can handle a movie that is a little scary if it's a action movie. Do you thank he can handle this one?

·
Registered
127 Posts
BadBowtie said:
It looks pretty good and I want to see. My 8 year old son wants to see it, but I am not sure how much gore and stuff is in it. He can't handle very scary movies yet, but he can handle a movie that is a little scary if it's a action movie. Do you thank he can handle this one?
I haven't seen it yet, but one review I read said that the demonic images may be too much for younger children. Given what I know about the charater, I'd say wait a little while for hinm to see it (or better yet, you go see it and tell the wife you are just going to make sure it's appropriate for the young'n) :thumbup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
i heard it was "ok" but the effects were too over the top and kinda ruined the movie but the storyline and acting was good

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BBT, there's not a lot of 'gore' in the movie, but I'm in the same situation. My nephew is 8 years old and I'm glad I didn't take him and his brother. He's still too young for the demonic images and the Pennance Stare from Ghost Rider (think thats what its called). It leaves them dead with the soul sucked out. Blackheart touches people, robbing their souls, and it withers them and leaves them blue, black and purple. Probably too much for that age.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Looks pretty good, might have to go see it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
We went last weekend. It was OK, and I am a HUGE Ghost Rider fan. It had a huge let down of an ending.... gotta love Marvel having to set every freakin movie up for a 2nd one. That was the most lame end fight scene EVER!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i went and saw this movie, it was pretty close to the actual storyline, unlike some of the marvel comic to movies ***cough spiderman cough ***. i didnt like the fact that they didnt make the "bad guys" look like their actual comic book selves. if they can cgi ghostrider why not go all the way and do it right. but over all i still thought it was a good movie and it will be added to my dvd collection

1 - 8 of 8 Posts