Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone watches/watched Victory Lane on SPEED, but Kenny Wallace's "reasoning"/"excuse" for David Reutimann not pitting was pathetic. Kenny said that it all goes back to Danica Patrick and owners points, saying that David did what he did to stay in the Top 35 in Owners Points. Are you kidding me?

The #10 is still out of the Top 35 in Owners Points and there are four races between Martinsville and Darlington (Danica's next race) where he could of gained points back or lost more. You may be fighting for owners points, doesn't mean you have to be a fool and not pit when you need too. I don't care about David stopping on the track - if his engine really did die - it's the fact that he was able to ride around off the pace and didn't bother to pit thus changing the course of the race.

There is a one point difference between the #10 and the #83, so I guess it'll be all fine and dandy for Landon to pull a move like that (or something as stupid) at Texas? In the eyes of Kenny Wallace.. apparently so.

Stupid excuse. If I am a sponsor - like Kenny needs - there is no way I'd look at a guy who thinks changing the course of the race is okay because of owners points. It's one dang point..

EDIT: Think Denny makes a good point on Twitter: Heck u know what's coming anyway.. 36 will exchange points with 10 to make sure they are good anyway.. Poor Blaney

/rant over.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone watches/watched Victory Lane on SPEED, but Kenny Wallace's "reasoning"/"excuse" for David Reutimann not pitting was pathetic. Kenny said that it all goes back to Danica Patrick and owners points, saying that David did what he did to stay in the Top 35 in Owners Points. Are you kidding me?

The #10 is still out of the Top 35 in Owners Points and there are four races between Martinsville and Darlington (Danica's next race) where he could of gained points back or lost more. You may be fighting for owners points, doesn't mean you have to be a fool and not pit when you need too. I don't care about David stopping on the track - if his engine really did die - it's the fact that he was able to ride around off the pace and didn't bother to pit thus changing the course of the race.

There is a one point difference between the #10 and the #83, so I guess it'll be all fine and dandy for Landon to pull a move like that (or something as stupid) at Texas? In the eyes of Kenny Wallace.. apparently so.

Stupid excuse. If I am a sponsor - like Kenny needs - there is no way I'd look at a guy who thinks changing the course of the race is okay because of owners points. It's one dang point..

/rant over.

Reutimann said the same thing in his interview after being called to the NASCAR hauler.....

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reutimann said the same thing in his interview after being called to the NASCAR hauler.....
It is still a pathetic excuse. "Oh, I changed the course of the race because I want owners points for Danica". What is he going to do at Texas dump Landon on lap one?

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Thanks. I like Kenny but he missed the boat on this one. Its funny, that the 2 guys that have the most to say on that show, cannot drive a race car. They always ride the coat tails of their family....

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Kenny Wallace is like most of the "expert pundits" on these NASCAR talk shows. They're afraid to insult or accuse anybody. They don't want to rock the boat. That's why I refuse to watch those shows. They offer nothing and they have no guts.

As far as the 10 car is concerned, they don't deserve to be in the top 35 in points (a rule I hate and will mention it every single time I can). The 10 car, regardless of driver, has TWO top 30 finishes in six races. Only one finish better than 27th (21st as Bristol).

·
2 x Pick One Champion 2012, 2015
1,227 Posts
kind of ironic, Stewart-Haas needs the points for Danica and Stewart-Haas won the race

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Newman's a good qualifier. Put him in the 10 and Danica in the 39. lol.
Yeah, that'd work. But, I'm sure Denny had it right.. the #10 will get the #36 points and Blaney will have to qualify.

EDIT: Had David went down pit road, he would have lost one spot to Kyle Busch. He would be been killed in the owners points by *gasp* TWO points instead of one. AHH! :whatever:

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
kind of ironic, Stewart-Haas needs the points for Danica and Stewart-Haas won the race

Wouldnt be the first time the 24 loses because of a caution. It is interesting how the caution does help the owner win....LOL

·
Banned
4,679 Posts

EDIT: Think Denny makes a good point on Twitter: Heck u know what's coming anyway.. 36 will exchange points with 10 to make sure they are good anyway.. Poor Blaney

/rant over.
Doesnt staying in the top 35 help Reutiman for the other 3 races before Danica is back in the car by giving the #10 a guaranteed starting spot? Its more about Nascar needs to change all of this top 35 stuff. Between all the swapping and switching its lost any of its merit as a rule. I dont see the NHL letting Sidney Crosby play with the team that is about to win the Stanley Cup just so he can win it. Why should Nascar let the drivers get a free pass on qualifying. If a driver isnt one of the top 43 fastest cars in qualifying Nascar should send them home no matter who it is. I know I would have rather had Smoke not qualify at Bristol last August than have seen how badly he ran in the race.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
Doesnt staying in the top 35 help Reutiman for the other 3 races before Danica is back in the car by giving the #10 a guaranteed starting spot? Its more about Nascar needs to change all of this top 35 stuff. Between all the swapping and switching its lost any of its merit as a rule. I dont see the NHL letting Sidney Crosby play with the team that is about to win the Stanley Cup just so he can win it. Why should Nascar let the drivers get a free pass on qualifying. If a driver isnt one of the top 43 fastest cars in qualifying Nascar should send them home no matter who it is. I know I would have rather had Smoke not qualify at Bristol last August than have seen how badly he ran in the race.
i dont agree with that at all.....none of the real winning drivers should just get scrwed and lose a champ over a slow car

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
One point is one point. Top-35 is everything to these smaller teams (and even Kasey Kahne at this point). I don't like it as much as you guys do, but I understand why he stayed out.
I'm sure Carl Edwards would have liked to have finished one spot higher in one of the Chase races last year.

·
Premium Member
3,958 Posts
I don't get why Kenny Wallace is catching crap for stating Reutimannn did it to stay in the Top 35 in Points. Reutimann is the one who said the exact thing in his interview at the end of the Fox Broadcast after coming out of the NASCAR hauler before Victory Lane even came on. Kenny was just reporting what Reutimann had already said in that interview.

Reutimann had at least 3 or more laps after having the problem to bring his car to pit lane but chose to stay out and caused a caution. Whether he was told to by his team owner or crew chief doesn't matter. By doing what he did, he dramatically changed the end of the race.

NASCAR should have Black Flagged him sooner than they did. There is enough blame to go around to all parties involved, but Kenny Wallace doesn't deserve to be bashed for reporting it.....

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't get why Kenny Wallace is catching crap for stating Reutimannn did it to stay in the Top 35 in Points. Reutimann is the one who said the exact thing in his interview at the end of the Fox Broadcast after coming out of the NASCAR hauler before Victory Lane even came on. Kenny was just reporting what Reutimann had already said in that interview.

Reutimann had at least 3 or more laps after having the problem to bring his car to pit lane but chose to stay out and caused a caution. Whether he was told to by his team owner or crew chief doesn't matter. By doing what he did, he dramatically changed the end of the race.

NASCAR should have Black Flagged him sooner than they did. There is enough blame to go around to all parties involved, but Kenny Wallace doesn't deserve to be bashed for reporting it.....
He didn't "report it" though. If Kenny would have stated that "David said he did it.." and so on, then that is reporting it. He didn't say that. He said that it all goes back to Danica Patrick, blah blah blah. That isn't reporting it, that is sharing your opinion.. thus you open yourself up to be "bashed". Despite that I didn't really bash him.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
OK, there are many reasons why I just "love" the SPEED crew. The only one I kinda like is Kyle Petty cause he speaks it like it is. I always thought he sucked after Adam died and he kinda got scared of doing that. I give Kyle props for starting the VJGC and The Charity Ride but him on SPEED and Inside NASCAR is good for him. But year, i agree with Tater, I dont like those guys because they dont have the guts to insult a driver. Jimmy Specer did and look where he is. He is a washed up reporter now on his last leg giving up a pathetic peformance on a 5 minute block on Race Hub which is the most stupidist thing since the Digger cartoons they have shown on FOX. Jimmy needs to go back to where he is as an insulter. I feel bad for Kenny and yes he could drive some good races like Phoenix and Richmond but yea he does suck at some places. Also FOX too, they cant be so stupid. The only thing they said that was intelligant that spoke beyond FOX's borders was what Larry said about David staying on the track. I dont want to rant all day, I could give you all weekly peformances on what they should have done differently. Also what I also want to talk about is Trackside. Some of the most pathetic stuff on there too. It used to be OK, I mean it was never a great show in my opnion, But what a joke. The stuff on there, its all social media crap now. I liked it whan they have ledgends like The Allisons and Pearsons and stuff. Now they have the klutx of Rutledge and whover is on there. Speed used to be so great. I rember when It was not a basic cable channel and we have to order it and it was so great. Now SPEED is so washed up. Ever since FOX bought them. They sucked. Im just glad there is an off weekend coming up.

·
Monster
3,584 Posts
Make it a top 20 rule.

If you cant consistently finish in the top 20 then you should have to fight for your right to race.

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
Make it a top 20 rule.

If you cant consistently finish in the top 20 then you should have to fight for your right to race.
well then i guess gordon,ambrose,martin,kurt busch,kahne mcmurray

all suck and should have 2 race their way in

·
JG#24 CE#24 BK#2 KB#41 KL#42
1,156 Posts
Thanks. I like Kenny but he missed the boat on this one. Its funny, that the 2 guys that have the most to say on that show, cannot drive a race car. They always ride the coat tails of their family....
LOL. That was good..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts