Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Collectibles marketplace
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I post this, I just want everyone to know that this is NOT the original plan we had for closing down and liquidating our firm. We were given no choice in the matter, and everyone on our team apologizes for the issues that will certainly arise. If you have further questions, please follow the instructions below. I'm not sure who (if anyone) will be around to respond to comments posted after this.

I wish you all the best and thank everyone very much for your support, patronage, and friendship through the years.

Sincerely,
Russ Dickey

We are very sorry to inform you that effective at 11:59 PM Central tonight (April 4, 2012), GoMotorBids.com and DailyHobbyDeal.com will be closing. You have until 6:00 AM Central time on April 5, 2012 to close out and pay for any unpaid orders. Any orders that are not paid for will not be fulfilled. Click here to login and close any outstanding orders that you may have.

We are very pleased to have supplied our customer base with quality products and services during our years in business. If you have placed an order that you have not yet received, rest assured that it will be shipped. All orders completed prior to this notification will be honored and processed in accordance with our standard terms. Again, we thank you for your loyalty. It is unfortunate and we are sorry that it has come to an end. We wish you good luck and “good collecting” in your future.

Frequently Asked Questions

1) What happens to items that are in my Pay & Ship that have not been paid for? You have until 6:00 AM Central time on April 5, 2012 to close out and pay for any unpaid orders.

2) Who do I contact for customer support issues? Contact us by sending an email to gmbgeneral[MENTION=1349]GoMotorBids[/MENTION].com. Your inquiry will be investigated and an email response will be sent out within 2 business days.

3) What happens to items that I was bidding on? All active auctions are now cancelled and the products are no longer available for sale.

4) My items have been consigned with you. What happens now? All unsold items will be returned to you at our expense. Payments for items sold through March have been submitted and will be mailed by April 5th. Payment for items sold in April will be processed and mailed by April 30th.

5) Why were your customers not given more notice about you closing the business?
This was not the original plan for closing the business. The management team was given notice of these events only hours before you have been given notice. We are truly sorry.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Well this just sucks. I am sorry to see GMB go, as I have had nothing but great dealings with them throughout the years. A true shame.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Sorry to see you guys go. You were an asset to the entire hobby. I didn't buy much from you guys, but when I did, I was always satisfied. Good luck in your future endeavours.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
Thank you, Russ, and a big thank you to everyone at GMB that have been a good partner for us and a great site and organization for this hobby for a long time. It's a sad day for sure, and I wish all of you well.

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
Thank you Russ every time I dealt with GMB it was a great experience and I wish y'all the best in the future.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Sorry to see y'all go. Wonder what will happen to the cars they owned and not co-signed. I'm sure there are quite a few cars in that warehouse.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
Sorry to see this happen. Russ, I really enjoyed your site.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I loved the prices, and trusted alot more than eBay. Good luck to you all there.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I can't believe this, I am so sad! I bought a ton of stuff from you guys and I just hate to see you go!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Sad to see such a good site go, due to the economy and tough times. Hopefully at some point you guys can restructure or someone could acquire your current stock and create a similar site for us collectors to still obtain some hard to find cars. Thank you again for supporting this great site and give us an opportunity to support your site.

·
diecast crazy
2,203 Posts
the question will be asked now will this be good for the e-bayers since these cars want be on there folks will have to list those 35,000 plus Jr's and 28,000 Stewarts and so on and so on some were , , being we really don't know what happen just thinking out loud when you go out as fast as they did thats usualy a sign of the Governent irs , hmmmmm I hate to see them go I personally my self bought alot of my cars from there ty
GMB for the hours of looking and enjoyment your site brought to me personally

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sad to hear - acquired a bunch of hard to find cars (especially Elites) for the last year from them. Hopefully another similar site will spring up at some point.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts