Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else notice that gomotorbids has a ebay account and is selling some of their stuff on ebay? gotta ask the question why the heck would they do that when they are trying to distinguish themselves from ebay?

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
My only guess would be to try and make more money. I've gotten quite a few 1/24s off there for under 10 bucks. Great deal for the consumer but probably not a money making price to the company. That's the one thing I always liked about Gomotorbids was the smaller number of bidders and everything started out at a buck. I'm guessing Gomotorbids realized this to and they are realizing that they can't keep selling cars for that cheap because they are not making much of a profit. JUst my view on it...

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Everything that goes dirt cheap doesn't hurt them too much. 99% of the cars they buy they pay under $45 for. (sssh don't tell anyone I told you guys lol) That's the price I was given anyways before they closed gomotorsports down. I bet they are plastering a lot of stuff up that doesn't sell on their site. I have seen some good cars not bidded on after 2-3 postings. Since I moved I've had to quit using them anyways with shipping and having to pay MO taxes I was paying way too much if I won anything. (Plus they did away with will call which pissed me off). Ok after actually checking them out. Seems like a great way to advertise. They have links to the site everywhere in all sorts of various ways. Business is Business. Plus maybe it was a deal to allow them to allow paypal on their site???....Who knows...I'm biast to that company they have a lot of great people behind the scenes.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I tried to get rid of all of my extra's and offered me $250.00, which included 15 1/24 Action cars, not to mention all of the older WC cars!!! I gave up on them almost immediately!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts