Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,115 Posts
My only guess would be to try and make more money. I've gotten quite a few 1/24s off there for under 10 bucks. Great deal for the consumer but probably not a money making price to the company. That's the one thing I always liked about Gomotorbids was the smaller number of bidders and everything started out at a buck. I'm guessing Gomotorbids realized this to and they are realizing that they can't keep selling cars for that cheap because they are not making much of a profit. JUst my view on it...

· Blast from the past
4,514 Posts
Everything that goes dirt cheap doesn't hurt them too much. 99% of the cars they buy they pay under $45 for. (sssh don't tell anyone I told you guys lol) That's the price I was given anyways before they closed gomotorsports down. I bet they are plastering a lot of stuff up that doesn't sell on their site. I have seen some good cars not bidded on after 2-3 postings. Since I moved I've had to quit using them anyways with shipping and having to pay MO taxes I was paying way too much if I won anything. (Plus they did away with will call which pissed me off). Ok after actually checking them out. Seems like a great way to advertise. They have links to the site everywhere in all sorts of various ways. Business is Business. Plus maybe it was a deal to allow them to allow paypal on their site???....Who knows...I'm biast to that company they have a lot of great people behind the scenes.

· Premium Member
1,360 Posts
I tried to get rid of all of my extra's and offered me $250.00, which included 15 1/24 Action cars, not to mention all of the older WC cars!!! I gave up on them almost immediately!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.