Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Beware of wireless Broadband and routers. There could be many people that live around you that can use very simple things to make an atenna strong enough to pick up your service from where they live and use your ip to do what ever they want and you would be the one held responsible.

I never knew this until I was talking to a guy at our local best buy about putting a wireless router in our house and he told me the that there was a guy that comes into their store bragging about what he does. He told me the guy can use a few very simple things around his house to make a antenna that reaches across the lake and uses other peoples internet serivce and their ip address. This was a scary thought to me because this is what true hackers do to cover their tracks when they are going into sites that would get them in trouble. Needless to say, I just bought a new wired router for our computers instead of going with a new wireless one.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Thanks for the info BBT, I just wish I could get High-Speed where I am at. I can't get Cable or a Land-Line, cause noone wants to pay the fees to go into our area. Wireless is a major doubt, my cell phone barely works if I go outside and point in the right direction!! I have thought about the Satelitte services, but they are extremely high, in comparison!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts