Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lets Do This
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been askes and is on here somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyone know the ETA for the Gordon Martinsville Race Win to ship out?

·
CraZyGordoManiac
1,351 Posts
Now this is about the Elite but this was posted this morning Per Lionel

"we still do not have a ship date. I have reached out to production to see what the hold up is. As soon as I have a confirmed date I will let you know. Sorry!''

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
I'd love to think that they are trying to come up with a way to make the dent on the front look realistic, but that may just be wishful thinking...

Reactions: theprettymonkey

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Well Matt Kenseth's Bristol ships early June and that win was in August 2013 so I expect the Gordon to be out in July or August

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
A prototype for the 500 win Is already out and we still haven't seen artwork for some wins in 2013 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
It's BS that Junior's 500 win has been rushed into production while we're sitting here waiting just to see artwork for 2013 wins.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Kyle Busch fans are still waiting on his Atlanta win. We haven't even seen artwork while others (including Chase's from the same exact day) have been released. I don't know. Really though.. I don't understand why they released Dale's artwork within a few weeks, yet haven't been bothered to release artwork for cars that have met MOQ . Shrug.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
We all know why certain drivers cars are coming out faster than others, I don't really see why people seem to forget how Jr sells or is pushed and Chase is the same way.

·
I'm all in......
1,242 Posts
What is the difference when it ships? The car is going to look the same today, tomorrow, last month, or next year. I guess I just don't see why the same people ask Lionel for MOQ status and shipping status every day. I know that I will get one, regardless, as long as I ordered one.

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
As a dealer it amazes me it is always the same people wanting to know.When we know we will let you know.What we are told is a estimated TOA.Yes Lionel does push through certain drivers who sell can you blame them?Dale Jr has not had a car come through the distributor network yet in 2014 in Cup that wasnt pre sold out.

Fans complain about drivers cars getting made and there drivers cars not getting made quit complaining and if you really want the car made do something pro active about seeing the car produced.Dont complain becuase it took forever for your drive to meet MOQ and then other drivers came out before your driver.The nerve of Lionel.

Everyone assumes it is as easy as one,two,three to have diecast made with all of these teams even if Lionel has a established working relationship.There are certain teams and sponsors that are nearly impossible to work with and take forever.It is not just in Diecast it is in apparel as well.

Those of you who liked the GMP's and CFS's how many of you supported them on a regular basis versus waited till someone got desperate and blew there product out?That is part of what is wrong with this market.Oh I want the car but i will wait till it meets MOQ and it is blown out!!!!!But if it doesnt meet MOQ I will be the first to complain.You cant have your apple and eat it to it doesnt work that way.

Members find fault with Lionel.Lionel wouldnt be the only game if everybody would of supported these cool companies that made these great products when they were around.I am sure there more I just used GMP and CFS because they came to mine.

Phantom ordering does nothing but over produce and hurt the market as well even though you think your helping the market by having the product reach MOQ.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
You can't blame people for wanting updates on certain cars though. We are collectors who are looking for clear communication of when Lionel wants to take our $70 for a product that we haven't even seen. I'm also not a fan of being "punished" for not being fan/collector of the "top sellers" so cars for my collection are pushed back, stalled, no information given. Would be nice for collectors to be equal. The humanity! :rolleyes:

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
@Rowdy124 I didnt blame anyone.You need to understand.We post information as soon as we are giving the information.It is not like we purposely w/hold info from the customers.We know customers want the dates,I dont have access to the Lionel Site.You see more than I do.If your on Facebook you see more than I do.

Last time I checked Lionel doesnt bill you until the product is in hand and being shipped just like every other repuatble dealer that doesnt sell on EBAY.I am not saying those who sell on EBAY arent reputable but they are required to collect for item at time of sale.Instead of complaining here on a Diecast Trade Board why dont you call Lionel direct and ask who you could speak to and maybe they could take 5 minutes and expalin the reason and the inner working to you to help you understand why your beloved has been pushed to back shelf yet again.Ill await your reply once you call Lionel.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
@Rowdy124 I didnt blame anyone.You need to understand.We post information as soon as we are giving the information.It is not like we purposely w/hold info from the customers.We know customers want the dates,I dont have access to the Lionel Site.You see more than I do.If your on Facebook you see more than I do.

Last time I checked Lionel doesnt bill you until the product is in hand and being shipped just like every other repuatble dealer that doesnt sell on EBAY.I am not saying those who sell on EBAY arent reputable but they are required to collect for item at time of sale.Instead of complaining here on a Diecast Trade Board why dont you call Lionel direct and ask who you could speak to and maybe they could take 5 minutes and expalin the reason and the inner working to you to help you understand why your beloved has been pushed to back shelf yet again.Ill await your reply once you call Lionel.
I wouldn't classify seeking better communication from Lionel (to everyone including dealers) as complaining. I'm not sitting here flipping out because a certain car isn't shipping until (x) date. I'm not sitting here wondering why my - as you put it -"beloved" has been pushed to the back shelf. It would just be nice for Lionel to be more open about estimated ship dates, releasing rendering artwork, etc. I don't think that is "complaining"..

·
Jeff Gordon Fan
25,901 Posts
@Rowdy124 As I suggested that is a question only Lionel can answer and you can direct to them to personally.You would be surprised what kind of reception you recieve when you take the time to call and ask constructive questions!

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
@Rowdy124 As I suggested that is a question only Lionel can answer and you can direct to them to personally.You would be surprised what kind of reception you recieve when you take the time to call and ask constructive questions!
I didn't post anything here seeking an answer though. I was just posting off what the OP (and others) had already said with my two cents.

·
Lets Do This
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is the difference when it ships? The car is going to look the same today, tomorrow, last month, or next year. I guess I just don't see why the same people ask Lionel for MOQ status and shipping status every day. I know that I will get one, regardless, as long as I ordered one.
I want to know because I bought something over 1/2 a year ago and I want to know when I may receive it. I don't think that's out of order with this much time having passed.

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts
EDIT....
My 2 cents don't matter. I will move on. I've been told to get a life. My collecting habits aren't important to the board.

Good luck with your future pre-orders folks, hopefully they will arrive soon.

·
I'm all in......
1,242 Posts
I think ordering a diecast car is a bit different than ordering something that is vital to everyday life. All ship dates are estimates. I'd be happy we have a company that produces cars we want instead of bashing them for every mistake. I have tons of preorders in, but I could care less when they arrive. I don't buy these cars based on today's price. I buy them for the stupid, personal joy they bring me when I open them up for the first time. If you care more about the car being $30 today than when you bought it, then don't preorder them. I hate to say it, but I bet you'll be pissed when you do that and they sell out, triple in value, or become impossible to find 2 months down the road. Good luck complaining to Lionel. I think some of you need a life beyond diecasts.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts