Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Found your sight in searching about the loss of GMB. I'm unhappy they're forced out of business. Spent many hours perusing and purchasing.

Purchased many items and flipped them on eBay for as much as 150% profit. I lost my livelihood in November of 2011 so can't tell me the economy is improving.

I wish the best to the people who made GMB what it was. They were truly great to deal with.

Thanks for the forum.

Marv

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I like you have been saddened to hear about GMB closing, really gonna miss the site!

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Welcome to DCZ Marv!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome, I'll be poking around now that I've found the place.

Aric, why not cool to flip stuff for profit?

I buy stuff from CL locally occasionally for the same reason.

I've got to make a dollar where I can these days.

Thanks again.

Marv

·
Banned
2,339 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, I'll be poking around now that I've found the place.

Aric, why not cool to flip stuff for profit?

I buy stuff from CL locally occasionally for the same reason.

I've got to make a dollar where I can these days.

Thanks again.

Marv
Because you are making more than the original seller and that is messed up here on DiecastCraZy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Because you are making more than the original seller and that is messed up here on DiecastCraZy.
All due respect, I disagree. The stuff I made a profit on from GMB was largely radio control hobby equipment. They set the start price and I was a bidder.

That said, I am an avid die cast collector. A local retail chain in Tulsa recently had copies of the Danbury Mint Batmobile set on display and for sale at the ridiculous price of $24.99 each, mint. Needless to say, I bought them. As much as I wanted to add them to my collection I decided that food was more important so I sold them on eBay.

Not tryin' to start trouble, just sayin'...

Marv

·
Banned
2,339 Posts
All due respect, I disagree. The stuff I made a profit on from GMB was largely radio control hobby equipment. They set the start price and I was a bidder.

That said, I am an avid die cast collector. A local retail chain in Tulsa recently had copies of the Danbury Mint Batmobile set on display and for sale at the ridiculous price of $24.99 each, mint. Needless to say, I bought them. As much as I wanted to add them to my collection I decided that food was more important so I sold them on eBay.

Not tryin' to start trouble, just sayin'...

Marv
Ok. I will just leave it at that

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Phireman. Though, I just wanted to put out there that if you are here at DCZ for the sole reason of making profit, it's not gunna happen. We have some very knowledgeable people on this forum, and basically, as our good friend @kspool often says, if you are in this hobby for the sole reason of turning profit, you're gunna lose. You're in it for the wrong reason, and for the people that do try to do this, well, that is what we call "scalpers". DCZ was built off of CHC (Collectors Helping Collectors), and not about who can make the most profit off of diecast. Just a fair warning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum @Phireman. Though, I just wanted to put out there that if you are here at DCZ for the sole reason of making profit, it's not gunna happen. We have some very knowledgeable people on this forum, and basically, as our good friend @kspool often says, if you are in this hobby for the sole reason of turning profit, you're gunna lose. You're in it for the wrong reason, and for the people that do try to do this, well, that is what we call "scalpers". DCZ was built off of CHC (Collectors Helping Collectors), and not about who can make the most profit off of diecast. Just a fair warning.
Thanks, but no need, I'll not be trying to sell anyone anything here on the forum. I apologize to those I may have offended. I'm no troll & stumbled across your fine site searching for information on the demise of GMB.

There is a wealth of information to be had here and I do not wish to wear out my welcome.

Regards.

Marv

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
Thanks, but no need, I'll not be trying to sell anyone anything here on the forum. I apologize to those I may have offended. I'm no troll & stumbled across your fine site searching for information on the demise of GMB.

There is a wealth of information to be had here and I do not wish to wear out my welcome.

Regards.

Marv
Thank you for the clarification Marv. DCZ just doesn't take kindly to people who try to come here for the sole purpose of selling off their collection to make a profit, thats all.

Take Care

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Weird - FROM GMB a few seconds ago...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Item # 1298294
Road Signature 1/18 1959 Buick Electra 225 Convertible - Plum

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial] [FONT=Verdana, Arial] Current High Bid: $1.00
Current High Bidder: Phireman Auction Start:Thu, Apr 05, 2012 2:31:00 PM Auction End:Wed, Apr 11, 2012 5:48:00 PM GoMotorBids Time:12:50:29 AM CDT CST
Time Remaining: 5 Days 16 Hours Refresh the Time Popularity: 3 Views
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

·
Black #3 Fan
2,881 Posts
[MENTION=3642]Phireman[/MENTION]...welcome to our site, but you haven't really told us why you joined.

We are also sorry for GMB since it was a site sponsor.

Normally new members tell us about who their favorite driver or team is and how they started in the hobby of collecting diecasts rather than their profit margins. Although, we did have a guy join once that told us about his body fat % content which a number of us found a little TMI to share coming off the starting line.

Good luck and I hope you stick around long enough to figure out what our site is about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Phireman...welcome to our site, but you haven't really told us why you joined.

We are also sorry for GMB since it was a site sponsor.

Normally new members tell us about who their favorite driver or team is and how they started in the hobby of collecting diecasts rather than their profit margins. Although, we did have a guy join once that told us about his body fat % content which a number of us found a little TMI to share coming off the starting line.

Good luck and I hope you stick around long enough to figure out what our site is about.
I'm an avid die cast collector with rather eclectic tastes. Not so much into NASCAR but more into late 60's & early 70's muscle, LBCs (little British cars) and the odd 48 Buick or Divco replica. I prefer quality over quantity and have trimmed & tuned my collection down to around 75 from 150.

I also enjoy colorful fast moving images.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts